vfr 750 wheel.

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
vtrjames

vfr 750 wheel.

Post by vtrjames »

hi all ive read the 6 spokers that fit the storm.i see no vfr 750 wheel but discs fit the vtr wheel, can the the vfr 750 front wheel and discs be fitted to the firestorm?
i have the standard front end on the one i wanted to fit this wheel on,
simo

Re: vfr 750 wheel.

Post by simo »

Be carefull. A costly mistake buying the wrong model vfr wheel. :redface
Theres A Hare in The Turnips.
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

One is meant to fit but not confirmed
vtrjames

Post by vtrjames »

i seen a vfr 750 fv wheel with discs and a decent tyre on it, i like the look o the 6 spokes and can get a 6 spoke blade wheel for the back no problem,i need new discs so thought maybe look at investing in some 6 spokes with half decent discs on.

i have looked at the discs which are the same and so is the wheel bearings, but thats all i found out for sure.i looked on the superhawk forum and someone has said early vfr 750 wheels,but how early im no sure as the 80s/early 90s vfr wheels didnt have floating discs on.an vfr 800 wheels dont fit neither.so ive read anyway.
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

It's a bit of a mine field with six spokes as most are 26 years old !! And will have been bent at one time or another .
So best take your time and get one checked before you part with you hard earned
vtrjames

Post by vtrjames »

yep,agree, trying to do a bit of homework,the wheel is fairly local to me.has been powdercoated too.but i suppose could be a a disaster trying the 6 spoke thing when my original wheels are ok and just need discs.

id like 6's on my build too but i have a r1 front on that and the only 6's i seen for that are way more than i would pay so im leaving that one alone for sure.
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

If it's local can you not borrow it and see if it fits ?
"Try before you buy "
vtrjames

Post by vtrjames »

well, i have thought about taking up my vtr wheel and spindle and have a measure up, i suppose if the spindle fits and the discs are spaced the same it should go in shouldn't it, or is there something im forgetting?
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Actually the spindle isn't too much of a problem- you can simply change the bearings for some that fit.
Before parting with the pennies check that suitable bearings exist- some sizes require deep channel and other special bearings. You'd also need seals to fit as well.
But as long as you have access to a lathe to make spacers or can get a wheel machined you should be able to get it to fit.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
vtrjames

Post by vtrjames »

i have a lathe so thats ok. so really just looking to see if the disc spacing is ok if so should be good to go?think ill give him a call and see if i can check the wheel against mine. its a 750 fv model which i belive the discs fit a firestorm so halfway there..