ART Cans

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
masked gerbal

ART Cans

Post by masked gerbal »

Just had the MOT done - god is the bike that old !!!

Anyway ran with the standard cans on for a week after the MOT. What a difference compared to the ART cans. The bike felt as if it was restricted with the standard cans on.

Put the ARTs back on and waaa haaa back to full on full throtle action. The bikes feels much better reving and more mid range oomph. I love it.

Question though. When I first fitted that ART cans they were a bugger to seal. The original Honda ones had some sort of ring inside them which reduce the internal diameter of the pipe down to a size very close to the main exhaust. The ART cans don't have this ring and the gap between the inside of the link pipe and the main exhaust is hugh. The first time around I used Firegum and a big wombles off car exhaust clamp. This looked crap. The second fitment I again tried everything to get a good seal but no joy. I am now back to the wombles off car exhaust clamps which are shite again.

Can anyone help. Sould I get new link pipes from ART with a smaller diameter ? Or is there enaything I can use to seal the gap better ?

Cheers

Masked :twisted:
Now got the ART - Watch your ears !!!!
F*&^ Me They Set Car Alarms Off Too
Great !
WayneM

Post by WayneM »

I think your talking about the copper gasket. If so, you can buy these from your friendly local Honda dealer!
Nick

Post by Nick »

Try David Silver Honda Spares supplier (davidsilverspares.co.uk). I bought a couple of the exhaust sealing rings a couple of weeks ago as well as the clamps. About £30 quid all in if I remember right.

Hope this helps.
masked gerbal

Thanks

Post by masked gerbal »

Cheers guys, thats what this site is so good for.

:twisted:
Now got the ART - Watch your ears !!!!
F*&^ Me They Set Car Alarms Off Too
Great !