vtr/firestorm facebook pages

General Biker Banter
NZSpokes

Re: vtr/firestorm facebook pages

Post by NZSpokes »

There are some obvious "clicks' on here. And it is quite UK biased. I hang around a few of the FB sites but not to much.

There does seem to be an amount of "in the know" chatter but as many of you UK riders ride together that is to be expected.

The search engine is not brilliant so when newbs have to ask a bit which attracts some negativity. Good info here if your willing to dig for it.

Dont forget the VTR went out of production some while ago so there will be a drop off in interest over time.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

countrymick wrote:. i must try and get to the Scottish run and meet a few of you.: :beer:

Mick, it's next weekend and it's open to everyone. Would be good if you can get across to join us.

And although it sounds like we all know each other and must have been riding together, there are a fair few on here who I am happy to rip the piss out of (and them me) who I have never met or ridden with. I think it's just the mentality of the core of this forum that we take a light hearted look on most things but are also happy to help total strangers.
AMcQ
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

The only cliques on here are the noises made by Al, Tony and Mac's poor old hips as they do their best to straddle their bikes. Poor old sod's the lot of them, not yoof's like what I is!!! :lol:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Kev L wrote:The only cliques on here are the noises made by Al, Tony and Mac's poor old hips as they do their best to straddle their bikes. Poor old sod's the lot of them, not yoof's like what I is!!! :lol:
Watch it Granddad or me Al & Tony will be round to beat you with our walking sticks... :Chair Hit:

OK so that's a chair, it's getting difficult with me failing eyesight...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

:lol: watch your blood pressure mate! :lol:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
Redthunder

Post by Redthunder »

Would this site support a live chat function?

Would members use it?
Only trouble with live chat I guess is that there are many conversations taking place at once, which tend to go off topic !
98 'Storm
16 Kawasaki Z1000sx
95 CB500r
98 Vfr800
00 Zx6r

Destined4bikes17@gmail.com
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Redthunder wrote:Would this site support a live chat function?

Would members use it?
Only trouble with live chat I guess is that there are many conversations taking place at once, which tend to go off topic !
I like a topic, picnics are quite nice too...don't much like galaxy :crazy:
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Kev L wrote::lol: watch your blood pressure mate! :lol:
My BP is fine thanks...the cholesterols a bit high though... :lol: :lol:
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

it would be interesting to hear from new members, to see whether or not they feel the forum is clicky(can't be bothered to spell it correctly)
I remember when I joined I felt intimidated and I also felt I was badly treated by a member of admin.
but being thick skinned or just thick, I carried on and i'm glad I did, because now I class the forum as a second family.
of course many of us have met and ridden together, but as al said, there's a hell of a lot more members that I've never met, I didn't get the chance to meet benny, but that didn't stop me shedding a tear when he passed away.
so new members need to make an effort and they need to try and not be put off by some of the old farts, you know who you are.... :lol:
but maybe we should be more tolerant of noobs asking questions, even if we have heard the question a thousand times already.
long live the forum...... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
domdom

Post by domdom »

being sort of new, have to say not really found it that clicky ( spelling not a strong point). i have found it very helpful even though may of asked the same old questions as everyone else did, but have also done things that i would of never even attempted before, which has saved me a fortune. SO long may it live, but thats just my opinion :thumbup: :thumbup:
chric

Post by chric »

you can only talk so long about firestorms so yeah it goes off topic alot then it goes down the lube and bumming route so some people must think it's a :Gay: :flasher: pick up forum.And get scared off :lol:

What do i use this site for tips on how to do stuff well tell neil how to do it makes me sound good.
talk shite
giz me somet to do while in my van driveing well when getting tipped

it's the same with another forum i go on same stuff and it goes stale for a while thats all :thumbup:
then a good argument gets it livelly again :Argue: :Ball Kick:
Ill never be a sell out storm forever
NZSpokes

Post by NZSpokes »

agentpineapple wrote:it would be interesting to hear from new members, to see whether or not they feel the forum is clicky(can't be bothered to spell it correctly)
I remember when I joined I felt intimidated and I also felt I was badly treated by a member of admin.
but being thick skinned or just thick, I carried on and i'm glad I did, because now I class the forum as a second family.
of course many of us have met and ridden together, but as al said, there's a hell of a lot more members that I've never met, I didn't get the chance to meet benny, but that didn't stop me shedding a tear when he passed away.
so new members need to make an effort and they need to try and not be put off by some of the old farts, you know who you are.... :lol:
but maybe we should be more tolerant of noobs asking questions, even if we have heard the question a thousand times already.
long live the forum...... :thumbup:
Well as fairly new a thread of mine got jumped on by a mod who said i should just believe what he said. But he had no back up to his story. Other members that had a better understanding came back with understandable answers.

That attitude will cost members.

But as im to stupid to care I will hang around and talk crap about bikes.
lumpyv

Post by lumpyv »

hopefully its gone quiet because people are out and about enjoying their bikes in the good weather +other stuff you can do in the summer ?

surely that's a good thing :thumbup:

I don't do facebook so I cant comment .

im sure there are good and bad points to all forums but overall I reckon this one Is great. :thumbup:
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

lumpyv wrote:hopefully its gone quiet because people are out and about enjoying their bikes in the good weather +other stuff you can do in the summer ?

im sure there are good and bad points to all forums but overall I reckon this one Is great. :thumbup:
+1
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

lloydie wrote:
lumpyv wrote:hopefully its gone quiet because people are out and about enjoying their bikes in the good weather +other stuff you can do in the summer ?

+1
another in depth response lloydie........... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!