Today I...

General Biker Banter
MacV2

Today I...

Post by MacV2 »

... have mostly been catching a live rat & killing it.

No pics or vid's you sick bloodthirsty monsters.

I assume it was on it's last legs as It wasn't very quick in trying to get away...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
sirch345
Site Admin

Re: Today I...

Post by sirch345 »

If it took you nearly all day it couldn't have been that slow :wink:

Did you see "Tonight" (TV program) last week :?: It was about the Super Rat we are fastly becoming over populated with, which is now immune to the poisons you're allowed to use. It made me think about you and your job Mac,

Chris.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Was it in your garage?
Frank may have stunned it already for you....
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

was it in the kitchen........ :?:
if so, what ya gonna do.......... :lol:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
vtwin goody

Post by vtwin goody »

agentpineapple wrote:was it in the kitchen........ :?:
Pmsl :clap: ( easily pleased me )
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

agentpineapple wrote:was it in the kitchen........ :?:
No it was in the woodworking workshop at work.

I grabbed it with a litter picker & humanly killed it with a sharp blow to the the back of it's noggin with the 'Rat Dispatcher mk1'* ( from Acme Products Corps International, excellent bit of kit !)

* an Iron Bar basically...
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

sirch345 wrote:If it took you nearly all day it couldn't have been that slow :wink:

Did you see "Tonight" (TV program) last week :?: It was about the Super Rat we are fastly becoming over populated with, which is now immune to the poisons you're allowed to use. It made me think about you and your job Mac,

Chris.
Less than 5 mins TBH but that would have made a bit of a poor thread title. People may have thought at first glance it was something about Lloydies staying power...see here http://www.vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic ... 17&t=34131

Didn't see that prog. Rats have become immune to a lot of rodentacieds over the years. Something will be invented in the lab to combat them. You can blame the H&S mob...''Ohhh thats too poison, you cant use that someone might hurt themselves with it...' Plus due to bloody EU legislation every product has to be licensed & tested ect & it all costs money which makes the products more expensive so people / company's don't use them.

Add to that the amount of food left lying around all over the place & people wonder why they see rats & foxes ect roaming around all over the place.
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

a couple of months ago I saw a rat in broad daylight, on a main road in east London, I admit I was shocked, I know that there millions of the ferkers underground, but to see one bold as brass in the afternoon... :eek2
what I will say is the street in question has loads of fast food outlets......fried chicken shops, Asians do love a bit of fried chicken, and the shop owners are always dumping the food waste when they should be following the law... :x
hence seeing the rat, certain parts of London are becoming a third world country..... :(
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

I saw a baby rat in Frinton-on-Sea (in the gates ;-) in a back garden mid afternoon casually munchin strawberries then it sauntered off without a care in the world despite me standing only a few feet away. Even posh Frinton must be a boomtown for rats….
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

There were about 300 living in the Bushes outside Asdas in Totten once, bold as brass walking across the roads.

Working in the waste industry I've seen thousands of the buggers. My Dog ( Westie) is a superb Ratter! i take him to a site near Reading and he often kills 20 at a time, by shaking them to death. Small dog, but he,s possessed on that site.
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
simon t

Post by simon t »

I rent out my house in Leicester to keep me living down here in sunny France. Firking rats have cost me a grand's worth of new drains and two grand's worth of rebuilt kitchen after the council Environmental Health people condemned it. Never want to see or hear of rats ever again!

Meanwhile, here in the countryside we've never seen a single rat and our cats are doing an ace job of keeping the local mouse and vole population down. :)
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

don't start about cats and mice.......... never had a mouse problem in the house till we had this bloody cat. it brings them in alive, plays with them for a bit, gets bored and they then run off and start a family under the kitchen units.

I have will be watching TV and the cat is sat to the sofa licking its butt, I will see something move in my peripheral vision.... fecking mouse nipping out from under a chair to get a belter view of the TV!!

so I wake the cat up and tell it to catch the mouse......it looks at me and then ignores me [bit like the wife and kids in that respect :lol: ] tyne goes back to licking its butt.
so I have to catch the mouse and kill it as the cat looks down from the sofa. 8O
AMcQ
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

:lol: :lol:

I often get asked ''Should I get a cat ?'' when doing mouse jobs. I always laugh & say not unless you really want one as they don't really hunt mice for food but just play with them, it might kill them it might not depends on the cat really.

Sounds like you got a duff one Al... :lol:

The other pearler I see is mouse traps with cheese on them. Despite what Tom & Jerry would have you believe they don't really eat cheese. Natural food is grass seeds & such like so in the home anything wheat based or rice they love. Often find empty crisp packets still sealed but with a hole chewed in the bag & all the crisps gone.

For traps peanut butter is the best thing to put on them.

No Rats today but did find a dead mouse under a sink...You always smell them first... :sick:
Saintsman27

Post by Saintsman27 »

Hi.. Rats... Well I knew an old poacher turned gamekeeper his favorite method of despatching rats and
mice was to mix flour/sugar/polyfilla in equal amounts in small piles and leave ..in selected runs/paths ( away from domestic pets)
vermin will come fill their stomachs and.. hey presto one drink of water later ... well they die through blocked guts etc..
cruel maybe but you dont know where the rat dies .. only problem ...My pal had an aviary and he was a showman
he had to control these little fookers from coming in eating food etc and soiling his sheds/cages .. that is how he did
it ... worked everytime when it was a problem .. :thumbup:
Furrybiker

Post by Furrybiker »

We have three greyhounds, the old boy, Rod isnt a keen hunter, he has very sore feet. However the girls are, one evening we are presented with a rat by the youngest bitch Minnie, thud on the carpet, the old boy and I leap up and take a step backwards. The oldest Emily, looks at the very shocked rat wanders over and gives it a munch and wife disposes of it.

As you can tell the men in this house are well hard :oops:

On the subject of rat poison it is very specific to rodents, Minnie managed to find a block of rodenticide eat it and presented us with blue poo, dog perfectly fine. :D