new firestormer needs help

Test your messages here, beginners welcome..
andy c

new firestormer needs help

Post by andy c »

had my 1998 firestorm for 6 weeks think its brilliant after 13 years without a bike and 18 months on a streetfightered 1988 cbr600. can anyone give me some advice on tyre pressures ? i'm feeling a banging from the front end when i hit pot hole ( small one try to miss the big ones ) or is this the famous firestorm forks ? also only getting around 90 miles before the fuel light comes on i don't think my wrist is that heavy as it will only take about 12 litres is this normal and how many more miles till the misses is pushing its got a dynojet kit and arrow cans if this helps ( the storm not the misses)
iggy1966

Post by iggy1966 »

Sounds to me like the forks are just being "standard" as mine does that on pot holes and speed humps may be worth checking the head bearings if it's a secondhand model. As for the fuel, welcome to firestorm ownership!!!!!!!
Its worth it just for the grin factor.

Welcome aboard

Iggy
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
andy c

Post by andy c »

thanks for your reply iggy i know what you mean about the grin factor just filled up again tonight better see if i can get down into the 80s on this tank

andy
blackstorm

Post by blackstorm »

Andy welcome on board.
You must have managed to get hold of one of the much saught after touring long range tanks if youre getting 90 to a tankfull. Ha HA. Jokes aside 90 seems to be about the average
andy c

Post by andy c »

finally done it 84 miles from a full tank to the fuel light coming on it was hard work but felt worth the effort

andy
tintin69

Post by tintin69 »

yes mines averagein about 85 miles now ive got arrow cans on want the dynojet kit now haha :twisted:
louder the better by arrow
paddypopacatapetaltastic

Post by paddypopacatapetaltastic »

Hi AndyC,

my 99 Storm knocked on the bumps when I got it (sept '04 - yes!)but I increased preload and took damping right down (thanks Jason). This setup improved handling and Knocks. the oil was stalling in the valves cos springs are too weak, lots of people try to offset this by increasing the damping. Best bet is respringing forks. That's where my next £££ are going.
yellafella

Post by yellafella »

Best i ever got was 120 miles ! and the worst ? 67 miles from red to red !