Headlight covers

General Bike chat
pmcq

Headlight covers

Post by pmcq »

Anyone use a yellow headlight cover on their bikes? Do these increase your visibility to car drivers? I know from driving my cage that sometime is it difficult to distinguish between car lights and a bike filtering down on the outside of slow moving traffic...

:?:
Seeker 77

Post by Seeker 77 »

My sp came with them on and i must say that they attract a bit more attention. BUT - you do get less light from your headlights. Am goiong to try a blue cover over the main beam light combined with an indicator flasher unit, apparently this makes everyone get out of the way really fast 8O 8O 8O

:lol:
pmcq

Post by pmcq »

Why not go the whole hog mellis and stick a siren on there aswell :lol: :lol:
Cheers!
Seeker 77

Post by Seeker 77 »

Bryn Davies

Post by Bryn Davies »

Ayup. S'pose a headlight cover gives lens protection, too. (coming from
someone lucky enough to be following a Blade a bit too close, after the road was 'dressed' with chippings..)
Anyway, back to the story.. I use a yellow bulb in mine. Looks good- black
Strorm, yellow decals. Light output not really Storm's strong point anyway.
Bulb is 80/100W btw, so about same forward vision, only with a French look. Stands out from cars much much better. Cheap safety mod.
VTRgirl

Post by VTRgirl »

Hehehehehe... I've got one of these to put on the Storm. Just haven't quite worked out how yet. Gunna hafta modify the megaphone or something.

http://cogapa.com/
If you ate yourself would you become twice as big or simply disappear?
Bryn Davies

Post by Bryn Davies »

I guess your PA is a modern version of the air horns popular way back when I was a kiddlipuw. Some must've needed quite a few horns-Dukes of Hazzard tune has 12 notes (I think).
VTRgirl

Post by VTRgirl »

The one I've got has 60 sounds, including all the sirens, animals, music & all the old horn sounds as well as some phrases like "move away from the vehicle", "excuse me", etc, etc... BUT the big bonus is you can also record your own and the set-up also doubles as a megaphone.

I just wanted it so when I pull up next to yappy dogs in utes, I can bark back. But the most fun will probably be the sirens... :wink: :!:
If you ate yourself would you become twice as big or simply disappear?