My Tuono Thread - SOLD!!

General Bike chat
Ckennedy

Re: My Tuono Thread - Kinda Sold :(

Post by Ckennedy »

What a day!

Rode pillion for the first time on a 2 1/2 hr trip to Southampton, test rode the bike and just about managed to hide the smile when I got back to Georges :lol:

Went down some lanes to meet a couple of Lloyds mates, had a play, went right to the edge of the tyres already 8O absolutely love that tuono. Only things I need to do is faff with the suspension, get some carbon panels to replace the damaged bits from Georges off and at some point get a 190tyre back on the rear as like I said, I'm right at the limits already!

Only downside to today is that the screen has cracked due to stress on the way back :( ah well. Gives me chance to buy the flip up one like my old storm and see if that makes a difference.

Geo many thanks :thumbup:

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Way there we went A423-m40-A34-m3-A27 nice and easy taking ck as a pillion :-( .
On the way back A27-till we got on the m3 A34 to oxford then all lanes and a very spirited ride back to mine .
And I did still manage to leave the big T behind up the A423 so that made me feel better ha ha .

We meet up with to of my friends from southsea at loomies and had a good blast back to my friends house ,sat in the sun for a bit chatting bikes and stuff before heading back .
Ckennedy

Post by Ckennedy »

Only cause I'm not properly used to the bike yet :( give me a few week :thumbup:

Anyway you didn't leave me by to much :P

Was a good ride back. Didn't get battered by the wind as much as I thought I would. Well not until the pace picked up a lot

Watty

Post by Watty »

Glad to hear you're smiling again after all the recent crap with the Storm mate :thumbup:
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Sounds fun... Good idea to learn the bike first before going to 110% :thumbup:
AMcQ
geodude

Re: My Tuono Thread - SOLD!!

Post by geodude »

You need to start your own thread now Chris :thumbup:
“Only by constantly developing your insight and knowledge can you fulfil your responsibility to ride safely and effectively”
“He who rides fastest, rides alone!"
YouTube Website Facebook Bike accessories
Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

Ckennedy wrote:some point get a 190tyre back on the rear as like I said, I'm right at the limits already!
I always thought that too, but recently read a load of comment from some website somewhere. Basically says that a 180/55 tyre actually has a profile that gives a larger contact patch at the edge as opposed to a 190/50. The 180 / 55 has a steeper angle and more of the tyre is available for lean, whereas a 190 / 50 is flatter across the top and sides. If you must have 190 width, the article recommended getting a 190 / 55 instead as it will have a similar profile to the 180 and offer better turn in. The only down side to that is the tyre will have a larger diameter than standard and throw your speedo out.

Of course, lots of this tyre choice stuff will come down to brands of tyre as different brands have different profiles too, also personal opinion, everyone has their own.

I have always used a 190 or 200 on my bikes thinking the same as you, but apparently not. I therefore had a 180 fitted to the GSXR1000 last month for doing track days and what not. Works really well.
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

It's a 6" rear rim so a 190 55 17 is needed .
My mate on his rsvr has a 180 55 too and he falls off the edge also .

I do have a 190/50/17 power one on my new rims if ck wants to try it but it's a very flat profile .
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/251532952718?kw=251532952718
This is what he'll need when it's time
Ckennedy

Post by Ckennedy »

A shall start a new thread tonight if I get chance. I shall also see how much video my camera got and post that too.

The 180 certainly gives a nice turn in but I shall wear out the one that's on it and see if I can just learn to lean off an upright bike and see how I get on.

I have to admit I have gelled a lot quicker to this bike than any other iv had and a lot quicker than i thought I would.

Full write up later....

Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

lloydie wrote:It's a 6" rear rim so a 190 55 17 is needed .
My mate on his rsvr has a 180 55 too and he falls off the edge also .

I do have a 190/50/17 power one on my new rims if ck wants to try it but it's a very flat profile .
My GSXR 1000 has a 6" rear, and it has a Battlax 016 on one and a Bridgestone racing wet on the other, both 180/55. A 180 tyre goes fine on a 6" rim. I had it scraping the pegs at Donington on the hairpin with no issues going too far on the tyre.

As I say though a 190/55 is very similar profile to 180/55 and both have the same contact patch at the edge. The standard 190/50 is a flatter profile though with less of a contact patch on the edges.

Bear in mind the 55 measurement isn't in millimeters though like most people think, it's a percentage of width. A 190/55 will have a larger diameter and therefore circumference in comparison to a 180/55.
StormingHonda

Post by StormingHonda »

Well Geo I know how you feel, last year I watched my beloved Harley Davidson FXDL being loaded onto a ramp. OK I got an X 11 and £1300 in cash, the X 11 I have really come to love.

But like I said I felt immensely sad to see my Big twin Harley being loaded into the Van and although it was a runner it needed some work and respraying, but I had to be honest with myself and decided whether I had both the time and money to sort the bike out to how I wanted it and in the end I decided the sensible thing would be to let the bike go.

I am going to start saving £100 a month minimum until I get enough cash to buy a newer fuel injected Harley which may take a few years, but I got the X 11 to keep me going and now a BMW to creep into the garage.
geodude

Post by geodude »

It was actually worse when I got rid of the GS tbh what with it being bought from new with 6 miles on the clock. I really gelled with the Tuono but I felt totally at one with the GS.

I will miss the Tuono thats for sure but at least it's gone to a good new home. You got an absolute bargain Chris. Don't you forget it :thumbup:

The DRZ (which is a right giggle) will have to suffice for now :)

It's similar to this one :twisted:

“Only by constantly developing your insight and knowledge can you fulfil your responsibility to ride safely and effectively”
“He who rides fastest, rides alone!"
YouTube Website Facebook Bike accessories
seb421

Post by seb421 »

Chris get the metzler m7 rr in 190 / 55, they will blow your mind the lean angle you can reach so easy and the feel is amazing from them

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
INSURANCE - MCE - Expires 12/04/2015 (Midnight)
ACCIDENT CALL - 0871 2227910
RAC - 0800 1977830 - 03_MCECAB90013033
seb421

Post by seb421 »

What would a DRZ be like as a daily commute bike, I can't keep racking the miles up on the gsxr as it will be worth wombles all by next summer at this rate

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
INSURANCE - MCE - Expires 12/04/2015 (Midnight)
ACCIDENT CALL - 0871 2227910
RAC - 0800 1977830 - 03_MCECAB90013033