rear wheel adjuster

Moderator: VTRDark

pstormer

rear wheel adjuster

Post by pstormer »

Hi has anyone got a rear wheel adjust (brake caliper side) for sale. Previous owner has decided to round the head on the bolt so its a pain in the butt to adjust the chain.
Paul
MacV2

Re: rear wheel adjuster

Post by MacV2 »

pstormer wrote:Hi has anyone got a rear wheel adjust (brake caliper side) for sale. Previous owner has decided to round the head on the bolt so its a pain in the butt to adjust the chain.
Er ...why not just change the bolt ?
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

That would mean removing the little circlip. :lol:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
pstormer

Post by pstormer »

The bolt is removable/replaceable ?? :confused . Never even thought about putting a new bolt in :roll: doh
Paul
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Few on ebay, but at that price I'd take it out & file some flats on it.

Yep it is removable take off the circlip (part 22) & it I'll come out BUT looks as if you have to take it off as it has a sleeve (part 4) on the inside. Although it might unwind all the way If it's the calliper side no need to take the wheel right out just undo the nut & pull the spindle out enough to clear it.

Can be done but be careful !

Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

I've got one you can have, but I'm off to France in a couple of hours, be quick!!..........
Jamie :wave:
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Right I had a look at one today when you take the circlip off the bolt with the sleeve will come out. It's only the circlip holding it in. As far as I can see the sleeve is not a separate thing...i.e. the threaded bolt, the sleeve & the hex head are all one piece.

The bolt head is 8mm so if you take it out & carefully file down two sides to a 7mm size a 7mm spanner will do the trick. Be careful not to stretch the circlip getting it off as it wont go back on tight. If you do & it falls off down the line the adjuster is not gonna come off as it's held in by the spindle & the bolt is threaded in to the swingarm.

Temp bodge until you source a fresh one.
pstormer

Post by pstormer »

Thanks for taking the time to look macv2 :D . Appreciate that. A top forum member (Jamoi) has offered to send me one next week when he's back :clap: . Just like to say this forum is awesome. The help and support from its members is second to none :biggrin . Keep up the great work :thumbup:
Paul