One for all those ozzies......

General Biker Banter
VTRgirl

Post by VTRgirl »

essexbloke wrote:the story of the Drop Bear is basically a pile of Shite........or is it?
Shite?

Shite?

yes...
If you ate yourself would you become twice as big or simply disappear?
Sharpe1

Post by Sharpe1 »

Come on, do you think all we have time for is taking the piss out of you Pommies? We have much better things to do than making up stories for unsuspecting Poms.

Like taking the piss out of Seppo's!!
Larry.

'99 YELLOW
A man goes to the Zoo, but when he arrives there's only a dog.

It was a Shitzu!
monomaster

Post by monomaster »

Better things to do like riding even though its the middle of WINTER..! :lol: :lol: :lol: 'Eh sharpie!
(& I won't knock pommies until after my JMC swingarm arrives..after that is open season bwahahahahahahah..!)
Happiness is a 200kph mono past a Catholic Schoolgirl excursion
yellaterra

Post by yellaterra »

Stuff the Aussie Tourism board doesnt want Brits to know about! :wink:

Police are hunting a four metre crocodile believed to have killed a British national who had been snorkelling off a remote Northern Territory island.

The body of 37-year-old mines superintendent Russell Harris was found on Sunday morning after he failed to return from a snorkelling trip off Groote Eylandt, off Arnhem Land.

Alyangula police said a saltwater crocodile had been sighted at the mouth of Eight Mile Creek, near where his body was found.

Acting Senior Sergeant Stephen Pfitzner said Mr Harris may have been the victim of a crocodile attack, but this had not been confirmed.

"Police advise the community that the crocodile may still be in the area and to take extra precautions if venturing into the waters around Groote Eylandt," he said.

Mr Harris' body will be flown to Darwin for a post mortem examination.

BHP Billiton said Mr Harris was a technical services superintendent at its Gemco mine on the island. He had been with the company for five months.

The company was arranging to fly members of Mr Harris' family, and that of his American wife, to Darwin.

It had also brought in additional counsellors to assist staff.

"Our priority is to provide support to the family," the BHP Billiton spokeswoman said.

A police spokeswoman said police would hunt the crocodile and attempt to move it to another location.

Police said Mr Harris had been snorkelling with another man off rocks, about 100 metres north of Picnic Beach, on Saturday whilst their partners remained on the beach.

At some point the two men became separated.

The other man last saw Mr Harris about 2pm, snorkelling about 20 metres from shore.

He became concerned when Mr Harris still had not returned by 4pm, and he contacted police.

After an extensive search, the 37-year-old's body was found early Sunday morning, about 1.5 km north of where he was last seen.

Alienist

Post by Alienist »

See, his mistake was getting into the water in the first place. The Northern Territory is not the place to be doing that.
My other job is navigator on an Intergalactic
Spice Freighter

Red (of course) 99 storm. Vance & Hines SS2 cans, Dynajet kit and K&N filter.
iggy1966

Post by iggy1966 »

Alienist wrote:See, his mistake was getting into the water in the first place. The Northern Territory is not the place to be doing that.
I'll second that, having once been to that neck of the woods. They even have rivers called "west Alligator and South Alligator", The bloke should have taken the hint!!!!!

I'll stick with the relatives place down in Melbourne, way to many nasty beasties up there for me 8O
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
VTRgirl

Post by VTRgirl »

When will people learn??? If you swim with crocs or gators, you get et. Simple. Soak it in, tourists. It's not a myth. :roll:
If you ate yourself would you become twice as big or simply disappear?
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

VTRgirl wrote:When will people learn??? If you swim with crocs or gators, you get et. Simple. Soak it in, tourists. It's not a myth. :roll:
Sound's like a similar thing that happens every year down here without the snappers :!:
Tourists come down here on holiday and like to go on our Beach's which is fine, but what is not fine is the attitude they take to the life guards, who tell them when its not safe to go in the water, they think that they know best, so they ignore what the life guards advise them and go in the water, then the next thing you know some undercurrent is carrying them out to sea and they then want to be rescued :!: We had an incident only this summer where about thirty people at one time, had to be rescued, fortunate for them everyone did live to tell the tale :!:
But why are some people so ignorant when experts give free advice to them about something they obviously know nothing about, the powers of the sea :!:

Chris.
yellafella

Post by yellafella »

I for one know now to respect the sea after getting caught in an undercurrent on an unguarded beach, took me a lot of frantic swimming to get back ! Will not do that again and my son ( 11 weeks ) will soon be having his first swimming lesson !