Hi-Vis discussion

General Biker Banter
rollingthunderx2

Re: Hi-Vis discussion

Post by rollingthunderx2 »

I wouldn't be seen dead in a hi-viz jacket.
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

rollingthunderx2 wrote:I wouldn't be seen dead in a hi-viz jacket.
That's just it ! If you came off at night down a lane you have more chance of being found while your still alive when wearing one .
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Let the rider decide. If they can't see the fluorescent snot machine there's no hope. :D
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

That's just it ! If you came off at night down a lane you have more chance of being found while your still alive when wearing one .
I thought hat was exactly what Roiling was on about. His comment was designed to make you think that way. :thumbup:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

cybercarl wrote:
I thought hat was exactly what Roiling was on about. His comment was designed to make you think that way. :thumbup:

:Lol: yep
rollingthunderx2

Post by rollingthunderx2 »

Most bike jackets etc have scotchlite reflective piping / panels which do a great job and are less hard on the eye than a hi-viz.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

and are less hard on the eye than a hi-viz
Now that is a very point.

And also if we all wore hi viz we would not get noticed as much and just blend into the background as the norm, nothing to look out for. In other words the more visible we become the less visible we become.

==============================Enter the Darkside
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

cybercarl wrote: And also if we all wore hi viz we would not get noticed as much and just blend into the background as the norm, nothing to look out for.

To true, IMO you've got H&S to thank for that. You don't have to go very far before you spot someone wearing a Hi-Viz item of clothing of some sort.

Chris.
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

sirch345 wrote:
cybercarl wrote: And also if we all wore hi viz we would not get noticed as much and just blend into the background as the norm, nothing to look out for.

To true, IMO you've got H&S to thank for that. You don't have to go very far before you spot someone wearing a Hi-Viz item of clothing of some sort.

Chris.
Yep even saw some Nob in Tesco,s filling up the bread counter wearing 1 ( i may add i don't ever buy meat from Tesco,s it was dry goods only) hate that store!!!
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
Virt

Post by Virt »

bigtwinthing wrote:
Yep even saw some Nob in Tesco,s filling up the bread counter wearing 1 ( i may add i don't ever buy meat from Tesco,s it was dry goods only) hate that store!!!

Of course not, you're above that :wink: not a commoner like the rest of us :lol:

They do it at the local asda too, I don't see the point. The fact you're wearing a bright green fleece is clear enough that you work here, and rather visible, no one else would wear it in public.

Plus I don't tend to run around asds with sharp objects or in a car, where seeing people because of high-vis will save their lives. I think even most people in Rugby are too smart for that 8O

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement
Tweety

Post by Tweety »

Virt wrote:Plus I don't tend to run around asds with sharp objects or in a car, where seeing people because of high-vis will save their lives. I think even most people in Rugby are too smart for that 8O
There you go with the assumptions again YMV... Just because you are smart enough, doesn't mean that all the other people running around are... They might need the hi-wiz to avoid stabbing their colleagues with the box cutters by mistake...
Image <--- The result of OCMD... I gave up listing the mods in a sig line...
Virt

Post by Virt »

Tweety wrote:
There you go with the assumptions again YMV... Just because you are smart enough, doesn't mean that all the other people running around are... They might need the hi-wiz to avoid stabbing their colleagues with the box cutters by mistake...
"by mistake". This is Rugby :lol:
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

Tweety wrote:
Virt wrote:Plus I don't tend to run around asds with sharp objects or in a car, where seeing people because of high-vis will save their lives. I think even most people in Rugby are too smart for that 8O

i think the idea of "Box cutters" is that you can't stab anything or yourself, so may take a while :lol:
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
Tweety

Post by Tweety »

bigtwinthing wrote:
Tweety wrote:

i think the idea of "Box cutters" is that you can't stab anything or yourself, so may take a while :lol:
It's like "child safe" pill bottles... The only people that can actually figure out how to open them, are the kids...
Image <--- The result of OCMD... I gave up listing the mods in a sig line...
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Now you're showing your age Tweety! My Grandaughter pushes buttons on our washing machine, dishwasher, oven, mobiles & computers which takes us the best part of the time before her next visit to resolve! She is 19 months old. Oh bugger.
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF