Scammer in Swansea. updated with address

General Biker Banter
StormingHonda

Re: Scammer in Swansea

Post by StormingHonda »

mattycoops43 wrote:OI Stop casting aspersions!

Don't be tarring all Welsh people with the same brush just cos your dodgy dealings in pub carparks have gone wrong.
oh er does that go on a lot in your neck of the woods :lol:
Bleh

Post by Bleh »

I am from and live in Swansea and would like to point out that stuff like that in NOT commonly known to happen around here but I have heard stories of people being ripped off with similar scans from other areas. Taking that into consideration, if it was a scam, it may well be likely the person isn't even from Swansea. But that's just a theory!

I believe the sort code for a bank account relates directly to the branch the account was set up... If you have his bank details, you know what bank he's with, you could try a search to confirm. Once you know the area, maybe speed things up by ringing the local authorities as the person may be on record for less than desirable dealings... May help, may not but no harm in trying something to get your money back!
I'm not death to power tools... If it breaks, it's obviously NOT a power tool!!!
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Taking that into consideration, if it was a scam, it may well be likely the person isn't even from Swansea.
Swansea could be the new Glasgow :lol:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
Flatline

Post by Flatline »

We have his address, which may or may not be real
Bleh

Post by Bleh »

Flatline wrote:We have his address, which may or may not be real
Have you google mapped it?
What area is it in (i.e. Gorseinon, Gendros, Fforestfach etc etc)?

Name and shame if the guy hasn't supplied the goods yet. I'll drop the name into a couple of conversations as someone known as a con man!
I'm not death to power tools... If it breaks, it's obviously NOT a power tool!!!
Tweety

Post by Tweety »

Bleh wrote:I am from and live in Swansea and would like to point out that stuff like that in NOT commonly known to happen around here but I have heard stories of people being ripped off with similar scans from other areas. Taking that into consideration, if it was a scam, it may well be likely the person isn't even from Swansea. But that's just a theory!

I believe the sort code for a bank account relates directly to the branch the account was set up... If you have his bank details, you know what bank he's with, you could try a search to confirm. Once you know the area, maybe speed things up by ringing the local authorities as the person may be on record for less than desirable dealings... May help, may not but no harm in trying something to get your money back!
Well... For obvious reasons, with you being in Swansea, the guys getting ripped of around you will give another location for the scumbag... So, I'd say it's fairly likely it will even out over the country in total...
Image <--- The result of OCMD... I gave up listing the mods in a sig line...
Flatline

Re: Scammer in Swansea. updated with address

Post by Flatline »

B Woodward
Ground floor flat
179 neath road
Landore
SA1 2JT

Although the Guy said his name was Karl on the advert
Bleh

Post by Bleh »

About 6 miles from me. Know the area fairly well and have looked at the row of houses a few times and would never guess any of them were flats (at least by what maps is showing as 179!).

Next time I'm around that way, I'll make a point at maybe taking a brief detour and check the numbers out to be sure maps is accurate. If maps is accurate, I don't see it being a flat by any means... they're not big houses to start with, think making two bedsits out of them would be a push. It's a really easy location to get to from the M4... to J45, take the first left (which resembles a third but the first is a council plot, second a caravan park and the one you want is a by-pass) and keep straight, over the first roundabout, 2nd exit on the next (petrol garage exit) and to the end o the road - literally is as easy as that! About 5 minutes from J45.

Have the old bill been informed? Surely that comes under theft i.e. obtaining possessions of others by deceptive means.

I know a couple of Woodward's who live in my village, next time I bump into one of them I'll ask if they have any relatives living by the stadium.
Flatline

Post by Flatline »

Cheers buddy

Have been in contact with the National Fraud Squad, they have passed it to Dyfed/Powys Police who will decide whether or not to commence an investigation taking into account local priorities

We shall see
Bleh

Post by Bleh »

Went passed today and had a look and 179 as shown by google maps is not 179 on that road. I didn't catch exactly which house was 179 but it's likely to be one of the red brick terraces just up the road a bit (stones throw between rows) and I can't say whether or not they are flats or not!

Sorry I couldn't be any more helpful today...
Flatline

Post by Flatline »

Thanks buddy. Supposedly the local police have now got the details. We shall see, we shall see