Smoking Ban with kids in cars

General Biker Banter
bigtwinthing

Smoking Ban with kids in cars

Post by bigtwinthing »

Anybody think the ban is stupid? i know they can't Police it but common sense please!
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
agentpineapple

Re: Smoking Ban with kids in cars

Post by agentpineapple »

I totally agree with the ban, but this country is becoming a nanny state.... :thumbdown:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Tam Cunningham

Post by Tam Cunningham »

Not that I agree or disagree with the ban.

I would just like to think parents/grandparents or whoever may be driving/passenger in said car would have the common sense and courtesy NOT to smoke with children in the car!
chric

Post by chric »

Just a gimmick to take your thoughts off how shite country is at minute.
same as smokeing in vans cars trucks etc lasted a week
Ill never be a sell out storm forever
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

The government are bunch of hypocrites. Maybe they should stop polluting the planet with their weapons. What about pollution from aeroplanes/vehicles, what about the cows farting. Ban this and ban that, it's all stupidity. I tell you what...lets not walk under ladders as it might bring us bad luck.

I don't smoke with kids in a car, or around kids at all actually, but that is my choice and I think they are wrong to ban it. All it is is them worming their way into a total ban. Personally I would be more concerned about the rubbish diet a lot of parents feed their kids. What about all the carcinogenic additives and colourings in foods. Anyone recently tried to buy a sugar free juice drink for a child recently 8O Something along the lines of Ribena. They may call it sugar free but it will have some other ingredient in the form of sugar (technically not sugar) fructose or something instead.

I don't necessarily believe that smoking/passive smoking increases the risks to health any more than many other things we are surrounded by. To me it's the luck of the draw. Genetics, surroundings, diet, fitness, what other, for want of a better word, pollutants we ingest, inhale, touch. Now I don't like to use Cancer as an example and don't want to offend anyone, but you could have two people. One lives a perfect so called healthy life (that were told is right for us) don't drink smoke etc. And the other drinks, smokes heavily etc. The healthy one could get Cancer and die young and the Smoker could go on to live a good old age. It's pot luck.

Maybe they could ban Tobbaco and legalise Cannabis or at least liquid THC. It's lot more healthy and I think it has now been proven or at least enough medical evidence gatherd to say that it helps keep certain Cancers at bay.

We can't wrap ourselves and everyone up in cotton wool and live forever, we all have to die one day. Life is risky and nature can be cruel. That is life!

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Its not necessarily cancer that finishes of smokers - smoking related diseases like COPD isn't a pleasant way to go either. Visit a respiratory ward and see ex-smokers unable to eat because they are like fish out of water gasping for breath. Still even if it's made law it will be difficult to police with the reliance on revenue gaining speed cameras. For instance, I was speed gunned by a copper whilst dodging deep potholes in the road and parents parked willy-nilly near a school forcing me onto the wrong side of road. Priorities gone mad.

Wonder if this new law will apply for smokers on bikes with young pillion passengers...
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
mik_str

Post by mik_str »

bigtwinthing wrote:Anybody think the ban is stupid? i know they can't Police it but common sense please!
Funny thing about common sense is it's not so common....... seen more than my share of losers light up (both mom and dad) with a newborn in the car (windows rolled up)..... sadly, stupid people are in no danger of disappearing from the planet.....
99 VTR1000F Firestorm, a.k.a. The Carbon Express
Watty

Post by Watty »

mik_str wrote:
bigtwinthing wrote:Anybody think the ban is stupid? i know they can't Police it but common sense please!
Funny thing about common sense is it's not so common....... seen more than my share of losers light up (both mom and dad) with a newborn in the car (windows rolled up)..... sadly, stupid people are in no danger of disappearing from the planet.....
+1 :clap: . Agree with the ban but it will never be policed :?
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

What makes me laugh is we all think a car is a concentrated environment and so the effects of secondary smoke is greater. In actuality, most car trips are a ten minute run to the shops whilst having a single five minute puff, normally with the window open to flick the ash. When they get home they will then smoke the rest of the pack in their homes, windows shut and all the contaminants aren't just in the air but get concentrated on all the surfaces, in their cloths, carpets, curtains ,everywhere.
I think the law was just a waste of time and money and certainly not thought through properly.

Pete.l
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
Hoppo

Post by Hoppo »

There's too many people in this country with no common sense, don't think and don't care about anything or anybody but themselves and have no conscience. :Argue 1:
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

I can't see it happening if they do make it law, just see how many idiots still use a mobile phone whilst driving :?: and I'm not talking about hands free mobiles.
chric wrote:Just a gimmick to take your thoughts off how shite country is at minute.
I think the floods are doing that job atm, perhaps they think this law is going to be a vote winner :wink:

Chris.
Stratman

Post by Stratman »

chric wrote:Just a gimmick to take your thoughts off how shite country is at minute.
Start watching news from other than BBC/ITV/Sky, get a global perspective, then tell me how "shite" this country is. You don't know how lucky you are to be here.
Two bikes, still only four cylinders!

Auto Sol

Post by Auto Sol »

Totally agree with the ban anyone who would expose there kids to the dangers of that disgusting habit deserves everything they get from the law .
Never trust Atoms they make up everything
Watty

Post by Watty »

Stratman wrote:
Start watching news from other than BBC/ITV/Sky, get a global perspective, then tell me how "shite" this country is. You don't know how lucky you are to be here.
Agree, on the grand scheme of things we are very lucky :thumbup:
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
rollingthunderx2

Post by rollingthunderx2 »

Smoking is one of the biggestlegal cons ever.Addiction for addictions sake..at least with cannabis you can get a high.Tobacco just releases the tension of not having it.
Subjecting kids to their fumes in a car is crass and self centred.
Hopefully one day everyone will look back on "smoking" and realise the tobacco companies were shagging them up the butt for profit.