The end of my Storm - and nearly me!

General Bike chat
SILVER ZIPPER

Post by SILVER ZIPPER »

I suppose that could be an exeptable excuse for missing the Rudgwick music festival this year. Make sure your healed and riding for next year, i don't want to be the only storm rider there next year. Get well soon.
I HATE IT WHEN I HAVE TO PUT IT AWAY........
VTRgirl

Re: insurance...

Post by VTRgirl »

sirch345 wrote:Only last week on the news, I think that was in America, there is now a shortage of doctors who will have anything to do with a women giving birth, simply because they are afraid they will be sued if anything goes wrong :!: :!: :!:
That's true everywhere, Chris. Obstetrics & gynaecology are just not worth it for doctors. Their insurance is ridiculous, but they have no choice. Our stupid government even puts millions aside each year for a fund for people to sue when there's nobody else to sue. How's that for encouraging the mentality?! I know a woman who was assaulted & sued this "fund" because the guy who attacked her had no money. She got $25,000. Yeah, poor her, BUT...

Ian, thanks for putting the pics up. Can't say I'd be swapping places with you at the moment... Wish you all the best. Pop those pills & focus on the corners ahead. You'll get there!
If you ate yourself would you become twice as big or simply disappear?
sirch345
Site Admin

Re: insurance...

Post by sirch345 »

VTRgirl wrote:
sirch345 wrote:Only last week on the news, I think that was in America, there is now a shortage of doctors who will have anything to do with a women giving birth, simply because they are afraid they will be sued if anything goes wrong :!: :!: :!:
That's true everywhere, Chris. Obstetrics & gynaecology are just not worth it for doctors. Their insurance is ridiculous, but they have no choice. Our stupid government even puts millions aside each year for a fund for people to sue when there's nobody else to sue. How's that for encouraging the mentality?! I know a woman who was assaulted & sued this "fund" because the guy who attacked her had no money. She got $25,000. Yeah, poor her, BUT...
What can one say to that :!: It just proves a point that society in general is moving forward :!: one step forward and two backwards, just ask yourself where is all this money coming from in the first place :!:

Chris.
Ianh

Post by Ianh »

Well, for what it's worth after I had the cast removed from the second lot of surgery on my arm yesterday I was informed by my wife that the car driver who caused all my problems has admitted 100% LIABILITY!

Let slip the dogs of war.. or at least bring his insurance company to its knees, I suppose it is good news but I would gladly hand back every penny that this claim would be worth and add to it just to go back and have that bloody idiot pay attention to what he was doing.

It takes one idiot one second to change the rest of your life!

Bring on my new bike!
pmcq

Post by pmcq »

A storm of course :-) Good man Ian - good news indeed!
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

I'm glad to here you are progressing in the right direction and that the car driver has admitted to his mistake, I fully appreciate, that if you could turn the clock back, you would even rather have given him a few quid, if it had meant him paying attention to what he was doing :!:

That second to last sentence you wrote is so true :!:

Keep in touch mate :!:

Chris.
L8RGYZ

Post by L8RGYZ »

Ian,
Hadn't been on this site for a while & just found this thread. Sorry to hear about your crash. Here in the US it's the "left-turners" we bikers have to worry about.
Your injuries were terrible, but so glad you survived. So many reports of cyclists killed here in Virginia this summer. I came upon one dying rider back in July. Regretably, most of them seem to be the fault of the cyclists.
How are you coming along? Is the pain better?
Steve
It's about the road, not about the chrome.

'98 Super Hawk
TapeWorks Graphics, SS f&r Brakelines, Progrip 724, Galindo bar-ends, R1 CF Mirrors, Puig CF Hugger