Guy Martin's "Speed"

Post by Jamoi »

Channel 4 Now!

Just in case you forgot ;)
Jamie :wave:
Virt

Re: Guy Martin's

Post by Virt »

Channel 4 wouldn't let me watch it live on the laptop cause apparently my internet isn't fast enough. wombles. Internet here is rapid :lol:

Ah well, it's effort to go to the next room and stick on the TV so I'll wait a bit :p

okay, wombles is my favourite filter/censor so far :lol: Never seen that one before
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement
Mav617

Post by Mav617 »

That was amazing. The guy is such an engaging fruitloop it's impossible not to like him and want him to succeed. He's a quality, quality Bloke is Guy Martin.
I'm so unlucky that if there is such a thing as re-incarnation I'll come back as me!
Jamoi

Re: Guy Martin's "Speed"

Post by Jamoi »

I Agree, he's a top bloke! Made me laugh when he peered into the top of the barrel when they were clearing the water out! Splash!

I reckon they should have used a YZ250 2 stroke... would have made 100 meters look easy! :lol: Not that I am biased
Jamie :wave:
chris freckle

Post by chris freckle »

Don't buy any cheap motor cross bikes that are really clean with strange tyres from a guy with a mug of tea in his hand.
Virt

Post by Virt »

chris freckle wrote:Don't buy any cheap motor cross bikes that are really clean with strange tyres from a guy with a mug of tea in his hand.
But I'd love to own a bike that Guy Martin had used. The bragging rights it would give me :lol:
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement
chris freckle

Post by chris freckle »

Good point :D
lloydie

Re: Guy Martin's "Speed"

Post by lloydie »

Just watched this and I thought it was great tho the misses thought he's a Nut ball :lol:
Stratman

Post by Stratman »

I had forgotten! Thanks for the nod, downloading on catch-up now.
Two bikes, still only four cylinders!

scouse645

Post by scouse645 »

Mav617 wrote:That was amazing. The guy is such an engaging fruitloop it's impossible not to like him and want him to succeed. He's a quality, quality Bloke is Guy Martin.
I agree he is amazing, he wasn't quite so engaging when he walked past me at the TT a couple of years ago, he had broken down and walked over the bridge at saint ninian's crossroads, he had a face like thunder :x, i decided it wasn't the best time to have a chat, enjoyed the programme though.
Stratman

Post by Stratman »

That was a brilliant episode and I've really taken to the guy now!

sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

I still say he was ripped off by going for the record attempt on his bicycle by having to do it on sand. I have watched the first episode again as I enjoyed it so much, it made me realise that he achieved over 100mph on his first practice run at speed on that runway. I think he would have blown the previous record out of the water if he had been able to have gone for the record on solid ground. A big shame they couldn't have found somewhere more suitable than the beach :thumbdown:

Chris.
Stratman

Post by Stratman »

sirch345 wrote:I still say he was ripped off by going for the record attempt on his bicycle by having to do it on sand. I have watched the first episode again as I enjoyed it so much, it made me realise that he achieved over 100mph on his first practice run at speed on that runway. I think he would have blown the previous record out of the water if he had been able to have gone for the record on solid ground. A big shame they couldn't have found somewhere more suitable than the beach :thumbdown:

Chris.
Agreed. Also, if the screen on the truck had a picture of Laura Trott's bott, that might have helped. Then again, I think that would have made me fall off :lol:

sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Stratman wrote:

Agreed. Also, if the screen on the truck had a picture of Laura Trott's bott, that might have helped. Then again, I think that would have made me fall off :lol:
:lol: :lol:

Chris.