Ron Haslam Trackday

General Bike chat
t00lkit

Ron Haslam Trackday

Post by t00lkit »

As part of the big 4 0 i was given a suprise track day at Ron Haslams racing school at Donnington.

Anyway, did the day on Wednesday and it was fantastic.

Did the Premier course, CBR600RR, with 3 sessions of 15 mins (7-8 laps of the GP circuit), with tuition in between.

Never been on a track before, and never had my knee down on the road... :oops:

But Wednesday so both of those sorted , knee down on the Melbourne loop, brilliant :D . The instructor was amazing, even on a Hornet 900. Talk about hanging off!

Long story short, if you are lucky enough to have £250 spare, and never been on a track day, go for it.

t00lkit (Rossi look out) :twisted:
T00lkit
Red F2, Scorpion Race Cans, Nuvo Airflow Screen, GSG Moko Crash Protectors, Carbon Hugger by Del, Scottoiler.
Fireman on a Storm

Post by Fireman on a Storm »

I did it a couple of years ago, great day but it peed down realy hard on the last session. I locked the front going into the loop and binned it LOL.
This was just after being passed by Leon Haslam playing on a Fireblade.

Another lap and I would of had him :o
t00lkit

Donny

Post by t00lkit »

A guy binned his CBR on our session too, on the corner before the start/finish line! God knows how he did it, but he left his mark on the tarmac!

Our day was absolutely boiling, i needed to buy a new t-shirt to come home in.... I don't normally sweat much for a fat bloke! :oops:

I would recommend the day to any track day wannabee, it was great. Got the photos through today, might try and scan one onto the gallery.

Does show my knee don though :evil:

t00lkit.
T00lkit
Red F2, Scorpion Race Cans, Nuvo Airflow Screen, GSG Moko Crash Protectors, Carbon Hugger by Del, Scottoiler.
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Toolkit said
As part of the big 4 0 i was given a suprise track day at Ron Haslams racing school at Donnington.
Wow! hope I get that lucky when I'm your age :wink:

Pete.l
:P :P :P
essexbloke

Post by essexbloke »

My wife bought me one of these 4 years ago....... was my first ever go on a track....

Best day out i've ever had, one of these days, i'll get it sorted to go back for the elite day on the Blade......

Which instructor did you have? I had Alex Teague. Loony bloke!!! But damm good teacher.....

To any one who hasnt done it......... it's a must....
VTRgirl

Post by VTRgirl »

Pete.L wrote:
Toolkit wrote:As part of the big 4 0 i was given a suprise track day at Ron Haslams racing school at Donnington.
Wow! hope I get that lucky when I'm your age :wink:
I hope I make it to your age...
If you ate yourself would you become twice as big or simply disappear?