Side fairings.

Moderator: VTRDark

Shauned71

Side fairings.

Post by Shauned71 »

Just testing the water here. This may seem a bit odd but after some scruffy fairings, rougher/cheaper the better. Bought another storm recently and at the moment trying to decide between tidying up and selling or selling my bike and keeping as a replacement. Either way I need to repair or replace both side fairings but as i'm on a very tight budget first option if possible was to find some horrible fairings that i can either repair or use to repair the currents panels. Was keeping an eye on the usual ebay and gumtree etc hoping to get lucky and find fairings that had been down the road... only good section i really need (same both sides) is from just below where mirror bolts through to top of screen so the rest of the panels... condition don't matter.

Basically what you see in the picture is all I need

MacV2

Re: Side fairings.

Post by MacV2 »

Got a complete black R/H fairing, bit scratched but IIRC all lugs intact but will have to check to confirm for cracks ect.
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Shauned71

Re: Side fairings.

Post by Shauned71 »

MacV2 wrote:Got a complete black R/H fairing, bit scratched but IIRC all lugs intact but will have to check to confirm for cracks ect.
Thanks Mac.. let me know when you get a chance.. I'm in no rush. To fill you in.. Been working on cars most of my working life and fed up with it so i'm trying to get more involved with bikes. I bought the second bike to tidy up over winter and sell next year, bit of a winter project and make a few quid. Main reason i bought this one, although a '98 model it has had a 19lt tank conversion... something the owner didn't know plus it has £260 worth of new wavy discs on the front :P So originally I figured a few upgrades for my bike and then sell on next year after swapping a few bit over between bikes. Because of being ill I haven't worked for past 4 weeks, still not back in work so things getting tight money wise to say the least hence why looking for rough panels as long as top good or if a complete panel comes along cheap, don't matter if scuffed or cracked, I can soon repair it. Just want to go cheapest option seeing as only selling next year plus the fact i'm skint :lol: