Arai helmet warranty: Not good news

General Biker Banter
Flatline

Arai helmet warranty: Not good news

Post by Flatline »

Just been looking at the warranty on my Arai helmet

Seems like a good one until you read the small print
WARRANTY
All Arai helmets are warranted against defects in materials and workmanship, and are serviceable only for the properly fitted* first user for 5 years from date of first use, but no more than 7 years from date of manufacture. It should be replaced within 5 years of first use.

*As neither Arai or the consumer can be assured that helmets sold by mail order, phone or internet are properly fitted and delivered in original, as new condition, Arai cannot and does not extend its warranty to helmets purchased through these channels.
Bought mine through Busters............so beware how you buy your next helmet
lloydie

Re: Arai helmet warranty: Not good news

Post by lloydie »

little buggers ,so you have to buy direct to get the warranty ! thay dont tell you that in the adds
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

It should read Arai Warranty worth sh1t. But I consider all warranties worth sh1t so just never take these into consideration and ignore any small print when purchasing things. I would rather the initial cost of the item be cheaper in the first place rather than pay for a warranty which is full of gobbledygook small print and legal jargon with get out clauses. It's a bit like Insurance really, same sh1t.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
Bananaman

Post by Bananaman »

cybercarl wrote:It should read Arai Warranty worth sh1t. But I consider all warranties worth sh1t so just never take these into consideration and ignore any small print when purchasing things. I would rather the initial cost of the item be cheaper in the first place rather than pay for a warranty which is full of gobbledygook small print and legal jargon with get out clauses. It's a bit like Insurance really, same sh1t.

+1 :x
Four wheels move the body,
Two wheels move the soul.
Flatline

Post by Flatline »

It's not that you have to buy direct, just from a shop

So you can go into Busters and buy it with warranty :confused :confused :confused
Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

Just don't volunteer the fact you bought it online?

Either way you should still be able to buy the side plates though? Wouldn't have thought they cost that much?

Is it these you're after? Are they standard on Arai helmets?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ARAI-MOTORCYC ... 46128154be
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

I'm pretty sure the plates are around £25 a pair for the covers.
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

I guess you have to ask yourself would you have still bought the helmet if you had seen the small print first.

The main thing is you can still get them.

Still a bit of a crafty one all the same.

Chris.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

just dont drop it next time!!!!!!!!! :lol:
AMcQ
shaggy-doo

Post by shaggy-doo »

:wtf: so what difference duz it make buying on line or in a shop its not like a shop assistant is trained or helps that much not like buying clarks shoes for a kid. when ever i have gone in to a shop to buy a helmet they just hand you the size you ask for you try it on if it fits you buy it if not you hand it back and go for a different one same as if you mail order it it dont fit send it back for a different one. its just another way of saying iv had your money now feck off. but as said before warranty is just another word for no cant help :thumbdown:
Regards ian
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Big difference buying online compared to a high st store. I don't think one is covered by the same consumer rights. Not sure if they have changed things yet, but it's about time they did with the increase of online sales. Best to use a credit card online if buying anything expensive as then at least one is covered by the credit card company.

==============================Enter the Darkside
shaggy-doo

Post by shaggy-doo »

yer thats true carl you dont have as many right on line but with the amount of on line buying compared to in shop nowadays you should have the same if not moor rights its about time the higher ones like trading standards got there fingers out and sort it me thinks
Regards ian
lumpyv

Post by lumpyv »

under what circumstances would you claim on a helmet makers warranty ?? straps coming off? visor fixings breaking ? neither of which is much to do with the fit of it . I don't see you could make much of a warranty claim following an accident?
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.
storminateacup

Post by storminateacup »

That's baldrocks you still have Consumer Rights protection where ever you bought it. Fit for purpose etc.
I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left.