jf you had money to spend on your bike

General Bike chat
Stephan

Re: jf you had money to spend on your bike

Post by Stephan »

FCR carbs
new front (some CBR reworked upside down)
VTR SP swing arm
new aftermarket shock
cams, pistons (overbore?)
ignition module
alternative_vtr

Post by alternative_vtr »

I stick by my choice :thumbup:
I already have Brembo brakes, White Power suspension etc etc so for me it would be carbon fibre wheels, its a light bike anyway so I would probably save 5-8% in weight.
KTM Duke 690ABS in White
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

Troutman wrote:I would buy another Storm, a good one for about £2k, buy some one piece leathers, new helmet , boots etc and pay someone (a pro) to teach me how to ride my bike round a track.
Included in this I want to fall off to see what it's like, maybe in the wet.
just don't fall off because a van driver doesa u turn in front of you without looking in his mirrors, it hurts a lot..... :cry:
so far i like you track time idea the best, just not the falling off bit..... :thumbdown:

if i could get another storm, a tatty one for £600ish i'd be tempted to stick a daytime mot on it and make it a trackbike. nothing special, just something i wouldn't care about if i was to throw it at the scenery..... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
chric

Post by chric »

Painted chrome
gel seat
thats it perfect as it is
Ill never be a sell out storm forever
Virt

Post by Virt »

lloydie wrote:I can see an ohlins label :)
And I think they're the muts nuts :)
You know what they'd go really well with, Lloyd?

My rear shock! :wink: :D

I'd get a belly pan, those forks (just to piss lloydie off) and fit an SP nose cone-ish thing with lights as I love the front of them. Think that's all I'd do

EDIT: And exhausts, d'oh!
Last edited by Virt on Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement
leevtr

Post by leevtr »

cybercarl wrote:I would just buy a different bike. :biggrin

(:-})
Carl don't lie mate. We all know you'd put in for planning permission for an extension on it :lol:
" It was 2 minutes 5 minutes ago "
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

leevtr wrote:

Carl don't lie mate. We all know you'd put in for planning permission for an extension on it :lol:
:lol: :lol:
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

leevtr wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
carl has missed you lee................. :thumbup:

and carl, i did say you weren't allowed another bike.... :wink:
although this one is tempting, if the price were to come down a bit to say 7k......... :biggrin
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
thumperslaw

Post by thumperslaw »

I'd fit one like this :D

98 storm with goodies!

Srad seven fiddy stuntbike

K100 "flying brick"

R.I.P engine number 5
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

You've been back 5 mins and started already. :lol: My pebbledash fell apart. :thumbdown:

==============================Enter the Darkside
leevtr

Post by leevtr »

cybercarl wrote:
You've been back 5 mins and started already. :lol: My pebbledash fell apart. :thumbdown:

Couldnt resist mate. I was in agreement on buying another bike though.
" It was 2 minutes 5 minutes ago "
8541Hawk

Post by 8541Hawk »

Well if I had that budget I would finally build an engine..... nothing fancy just a basic STG 1 would be fine.

Then add the new Ohlins 30mm NIX Cartridge Kits they have out for the RC51 forks, which are going for $1750 and the $$ would be gone :wink:
Loud pipes don't save lives, knowing how to ride your bike will save your life.
Fistfullofthrotl718

Post by Fistfullofthrotl718 »

8541Hawk wrote:Well if I had that budget I would finally build an engine..... nothing fancy just a basic STG 1 would be fine.

Then add the new Ohlins 30mm NIX Cartridge Kits they have out for the RC51 forks, which are going for $1750 and the $$ would be gone :wink:
Mr. 8541Hawk. My name is Chris. I have been reading a lot of your posts on another forum you no longer participate on. I am trying to get some information regarding my hawks setup. I have asked questions on the other forum with discrepancies in the answers. Conflicting advice you would say. I have tried to PM you but unfortunate for me, being brand new to this forum, it will not allow for private messaging. If you ever get board and could spare a few moments to possibly answer some questions for me. It would be GREATLY appreciated. A lot of what I read from your posts make sense compared to some of the others. However, there are some missing parts that I am trying to fill in. My questions are in regards to carb and suspension mostly. I do apologize for being so bold as to post this publicly. I just did not have any other means of contacting you. My reasoning for seeking you specifically are because from what I read, you have an infinite knowledge base on the hawk, coupled with great sources for technical data. Thank you in advance for any possible help. And if not, then I understand.

Regards-Fustrated,
Chris
Fistfullofthrotl718
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

I would get a decent rear shock and a good set of Ohlins forks, maybe also get the butt end cut off somehow, not sure how to do that yet, but i want the seat and nowt after it!!!. Oh and can an SP2 motor fit in! 33 extra horses would be good.
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
8541Hawk

Post by 8541Hawk »

Fistfullofthrotl718 wrote:
8541Hawk wrote:Well if I had that budget I would finally build an engine..... nothing fancy just a basic STG 1 would be fine.

Mr. 8541Hawk. My name is Chris. I have been reading a lot of your posts on another forum you no longer participate on. I am trying to get some information regarding my hawks setup. I have asked questions on the other forum with discrepancies in the answers. Conflicting advice you would say. I have tried to PM you but unfortunate for me, being brand new to this forum, it will not allow for private messaging. If you ever get board and could spare a few moments to possibly answer some questions for me. It would be GREATLY appreciated. A lot of what I read from your posts make sense compared to some of the others. However, there are some missing parts that I am trying to fill in. My questions are in regards to carb and suspension mostly. I do apologize for being so bold as to post this publicly. I just did not have any other means of contacting you. My reasoning for seeking you specifically are because from what I read, you have an infinite knowledge base on the hawk, coupled with great sources for technical data. Thank you in advance for any possible help. And if not, then I understand.

Regards-Fustrated,
Chris
Fistfullofthrotl718
No worries...always glad to help out. I will shoot you a PM (you can receive them but not send any for a while) with my cell number or you can always PM me on the "other" site as I still check them from time to time and also do know some of the issues you have been experiencing as I do read some of the threads....and do find some of the answers rather entertaining...... :angel:

So no you were not too bold and we will get you squared away.

Cheers,
Mike
Loud pipes don't save lives, knowing how to ride your bike will save your life.