VTR insurance quotes

General Bike chat
markg

VTR insurance quotes

Post by markg »

Hi all :)
just had my insurance renewal for my bike and got the shock of my life(£186!!)TPFT
After a quick look on the web and a call to my brokers they have now dropped this to £98 inc protected no claims and legal cover, i'm 39 years old so I was wondering what other peeps are getting as insurance quotes as there is a big difference in the two quotes above
My insurance is up for renewal in August so there is still just about enough time for me to keep looking, any ideas?
EGG

Post by EGG »

Bennetts £92 TPFT all in.
:D :D :D
Better to burn out than just fade away!
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Bennetts
39 Full no claims
Fully comp £166

Pete.l
Seeker 77

Post by Seeker 77 »

This will scare you!!

27, 8 points, 1 claim

03 GSXR 600 and 99 VTR on a dual bike policy with Norwich Union.

Wait for it..........

TPFT.......

£1240 a year 8O 8O 8O 8O with an excess so large, i might as well throw the bike away rather than make a claim.

Serves me right for flaunting the law.
BarryH

Post by BarryH »

40 y/o
No no claims on this policy
Bennetts charged me £166 with no excess

Just as an aside. If the bike was to be datatagged or Alpha dotted it would make next to no difference. A cat 1 alarm would make a slightly noticable difference. The biggest effect is from physical security. Check an Abus lock or some other quality lock and a disc lock on the form and it brings it down by over 10%.

Having it kept in a garage makes the cost tumble. Best quote from them tho was on My CBX750 which they do for less than 100 quid!
plivesey

Post by plivesey »

32 with more no claims than I can shake a stike at and no points.

£300 fully comp for my Storm and CR500 Supermoto on a joint policy.

Also includes full business use.

Not bad I suppose
French import, yellow 97 Firestorm. Written off by a french madman, rebuilt by an english idiot.
Geoff

Post by Geoff »

34 1 years no claims (past test last year) Fully comp...£564 with legal and break down cover...! Garaged, Data Tagged, Disc Lock....2000 Storm.

How do I get the premiums you guys are paying!
Who else but the self, can be master of the self. With self well controlled another master is hard to find!
plivesey

Post by plivesey »

Geoff wrote:How do I get the premiums you guys are paying!
Passed my test over 13 years ago, that helps a bit. Also I live in rural Berkshire.
French import, yellow 97 Firestorm. Written off by a french madman, rebuilt by an english idiot.
VTRgirl

Post by VTRgirl »

Noticed you lot talking about "points" with your insurance. Does this refer to your licence? Got me curious how things work over there.

In Queensland (and I think the rest of Oz), we accumulate demerit points at different rates (along with fines) for different offences (although we still talk of "losing" points, which is how things used to work). We can accumulate up to 12 points before losing our licence. The demerit points are taken off three years after the particular offence. 40kpm over the speed limit is (in theory) an automatic loss of licence for (I think) six months along with something like an $800 fine.
If you ate yourself would you become twice as big or simply disappear?
Seeker 77

Post by Seeker 77 »

Same deal over here mate. 12 points and you get a ban. My 8 came from doing 97mph in a 70mph limit (5 pts) and doing 35 in a 30!!!
essexbloke

Post by essexbloke »

33yrs old, full license 5yrs, 3yrs NCB (thanks you theiving scum!!), no points.

Fully Comp 250xs, VTR1000 + DR600 (Trailbike)

£300.00 (Equity Red Star)

Top Tip, Equity Red Star is putting out superb bike quotes just now, as it's trying for the No1 UK Bike Insurer Status....

(Also helps to work for them too!!! :wink: )
firestorm_al
Site Admin

Post by firestorm_al »

£300 Fully comp for my TT600 & Bandit on the same policy. ( 31 years old & 7 years no claims )
VTRgirl

Post by VTRgirl »

melis wrote:Same deal over here mate. 12 points and you get a ban. My 8 came from doing 97mph in a 70mph limit (5 pts) and doing 35 in a 30!!!
Thanks melis. So, the police disagree with your signature line then... :lol: My last fine was 105kph in a 60 zone... Oops. Luckily, it was before the new penalties came in. Only lost (gained) 3 points & $250 fine. Now it'd be $800 + loss of licence. Doesn't seem to have slowed me down though... :wink: :lol:
If you ate yourself would you become twice as big or simply disappear?