E Bike insurance

General Biker Banter
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Pete.L wrote:You two crack me up :lol:
I'm with Bennetts Storm is group 12 (that should end your argument :wink: )
and I lied 8O got home and looked at the policy and it cost £166.95 :oops:
but I do get covered for puntures as well so that make up for it :P

Pete.l
P.S 19 years no claims helps :lol:
That's still pretty good Pete :!: what am I saying that's excellent :!: :!:
I have just had my renewal notice from Carole Nash and that's

Fully comp
No claims 9yrs (maximum)
Protected no claims
Break down cover
Legal protection
Grand total £238

Still might try Bennetts though :!:

Chris.
t00lkit

Insurance

Post by t00lkit »

Just realised my insurance had run out on Wed, went for a ride Thurs without realinsing!

Had put the renewal papers in the drawer and forgot!! :oops:

Anyway, Bennetts:

3 yrs no claims
02 storm
39 yrs young
tpft

£111, will do for me!
t00lkit
T00lkit
Red F2, Scorpion Race Cans, Nuvo Airflow Screen, GSG Moko Crash Protectors, Carbon Hugger by Del, Scottoiler.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Jacey Boy wrote:Yes I get what you mean :roll:

But the SP1 is a much higher group :wink:
Getaway :D :D :D only joking mate, how the hell are you anyway :?: still happy with the SP1 :?: no regrets changing from the storm I take it :!: At least you have no worries of CCTs letting go, with your gear driven set up.
Its good to see you dropping in from time to time Jacey. I bet there's one thing SP1 owner's have not got that Firestorm owner's have and that's this fully alive site here (BIG thank's to FirestormAl) no doubt you'll tell me if i'm wrong, anyway look after youself mate, :wink:
keep the black stuff down,

Chris.
yellafella

Re: Insurance

Post by yellafella »

t00lkit wrote:Just realised my insurance had run out on Wed, went for a ride Thurs without realinsing!

Had put the renewal papers in the drawer and forgot!! :oops:

Anyway, Bennetts:

3 yrs no claims
02 storm
39 yrs young
tpft

£111, will do for me!
t00lkit
Hang on a mo ! Same company,98 storm,39yrs old,4 years n/c = £156 !!
Whats going on ?
Whose the actual insurer ? KGM ?
Will be ringing em up later and avin a word !
I have twice told them what mods areon my bike and twice the#y have sent me a statement of facts and they are not listed ! Surely if i was to have an accident i would not be covered ?
Jacey Boy

Post by Jacey Boy »

sirch345 wrote:
Jacey Boy wrote:Yes I get what you mean :roll:

But the SP1 is a much higher group :wink:
Getaway :D :D :D only joking mate, how the hell are you anyway :?: still happy with the SP1 :?: no regrets changing from the storm I take it :!: At least you have no worries of CCTs letting go, with your gear driven set up.
Its good to see you dropping in from time to time Jacey. I bet there's one thing SP1 owner's have not got that Firestorm owner's have and that's this fully alive site here (BIG thank's to FirestormAl) no doubt you'll tell me if i'm wrong, anyway look after youself mate, :wink:
keep the black stuff down,

Chris.
Hi Chris,

Yeah its a good bike cheers, and I see the guy who bought my storm off me cant sell it since (he was a car dealer!) :lol:

I have only done 300 miles in one year of ownership of the SP1 which is apalling :roll: but I am going to France next month with a mate for a sam good blat :D

Cheers

Jason
Jacey Boy
2000/W SP1
sirch345
Site Admin

Re: Insurance

Post by sirch345 »

yellafella wrote: I have twice told them what mods areon my bike and twice the#y have sent me a statement of facts and they are not listed ! Surely if i was to have an accident i would not be covered ?
Funny you should mention that, I have had the exact same thing with my insurance. When I rang them up to question that (Carole Nash ins. brokers) they said the company I had my insurance with had no problem with my mod's so therefore no need to list them! They said they had made a note of it in my record's at their end! But like you i'd have preferred it in black and white on my ins. details! What more can you do than tell them!
I did record the message when I rang up the second time :!:

Chris.
yellafella

Post by yellafella »

got no way to record my calls so am just going to insist they give me it in writing or am going to cancel, had a quote from another company and they listed the mods and cover prices for the parts !
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

yellafella wrote:got no way to record my calls so am just going to insist they give me it in writing or am going to cancel, had a quote from another company and they listed the mods and cover prices for the parts !
I only used a dictaphone!

Getting it in writing sounds like a better idea :!:

Chris.
poss

Post by poss »

Im with E-bike, i'm doing there pay monthly scheme, pay for eight months, get a years cover. Totals to about £335 or so a year tpft, 29yrs old 1yrs no claims.

Cheaper than Carole Nash, Bennetts etc, so i'm happy. :D
olkno9

Post by olkno9 »

cost me £180 with bennetts and £36 for breakdown which i thought was excellent compared with other breakdown companys.
Jacey Boy

Post by Jacey Boy »

poss wrote:Im with E-bike, i'm doing there pay monthly scheme, pay for eight months, get a years cover. Totals to about £335 or so a year tpft, 29yrs old 1yrs no claims.

Cheaper than Carole Nash, Bennetts etc, so i'm happy. :D
sweet, Carole Nash where making ebike out to be dodgy thats all :?
Jacey Boy
2000/W SP1