Danmoto Firstorm rearsets ( PHOTOS ADDED)

General Bike chat
aces-high

Re: Danmoto Firstorm rearsets

Post by aces-high »

They do look nice and at a nice price :thumbup:

look forward to hearing how you get on with them Steve.
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Jeez, let the poor sod get them before slating them fer christ sakes.
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Jeez, let the poor sod get them before slating them fer christ sakes.
Why, do want Steve to be a Guinea Pig. :lol: The funny thing is they have the same discussion going on over the pond. Who's going to make the jump and test them before everyone else goes out and gets some.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

It's not like Steve is a big bloke who will give the rear sets a major work out :lol: If they can take his weight they will be ok for the rest of us :thumbup:
AMcQ
Steve6088

Post by Steve6088 »

:roll: II'll be sure to give them a full review when I get them.

Its fitting them which I think I'm going to struggle with. Am I going to have to use the straps and ladders/ceiling technique? or is there another way.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Just take the rear wheel off. Use the wheel spindle to knock the swingarm spindle out and also sit in it's place so you don't disturb anything. Fit the right side rearset and knock the swingarm spindle back through and pushing the wheel spindle back out, then fit the left side. Simples. :thumbup:

As for straps it may be a good idea if you don't have an Abba stand that can mount of the engine mounts. You may be able to do it with a paddock stand but with the wheel removed and knocking spindle through it may be a bit iffy also it better if the swingarm can juts hang.

Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Did the rearsets arrive yet Steve?
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

I'm interested in a good review as I'm thinking about a set for the track bike
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

We have a guinea pig on the Hawk site
http://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/mo ... pig-30879/

Steve6088

Post by Steve6088 »

The rearsets arrived really quick, roughly 1 week. The finish of them looks much better than I expected.

I am hoping to try and fit them tonight. Struggled to find the free time recently.

I'll take some photos as I go along and let you know my thoughts
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Steve6088 wrote:The rearsets arrived really quick, roughly 1 week. The finish of them looks much better than I expected.

I am hoping to try and fit them tonight. Struggled to find the free time recently.

I'll take some photos as I go along and let you know my thoughts
Loom forward to it as I'm thinking about getting a set
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

I've only had one experience with danmoto parts, and it wasn't a good one, I bought some 50mm bar risers, they looked ok and the price was good, just under half the price of a decent item. but the engineering was very poor, in the end I had to bin them, when it comes to important parts I wouldn't rely on Chinese copies, once you've ridden a bike with pazzo levers and then try the copies, you'll notice the difference straight away.
i'm hoping that these rearsets buck the trend, I think the quality of the materials will be fine, it'll be the fine tolerances a mil out here and there, probably a bit of play when there shouldn't be :( .
fingers crossed for you dude and keep us informed.... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
thumperslaw

Post by thumperslaw »

agentpineapple wrote:I've only had one experience with danmoto parts, and it wasn't a good one, I bought some 50mm bar risers, they looked ok and the price was good, just under half the price of a decent item. but the engineering was very poor, in the end I had to bin them, when it comes to important parts I wouldn't rely on Chinese copies, once you've ridden a bike with pazzo levers and then try the copies, you'll notice the difference straight away.
i'm hoping that these rearsets buck the trend, I think the quality of the materials will be fine, it'll be the fine tolerances a mil out here and there, probably a bit of play when there shouldn't be :( .
fingers crossed for you dude and keep us informed.... :thumbup:
That's my point
98 storm with goodies!

Srad seven fiddy stuntbike

K100 "flying brick"

R.I.P engine number 5
gl_s_r

Post by gl_s_r »

Anyone want to have a look at the last entry in this thread... it may help with any answers.

http://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/mo ... 879/page2/
Why ask... sometime you just go to do it and find out?
Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

I hope they were just a dodgy batch or something! Seems like a pretty big design flaw :(

(From SuperHawk forum)

Well, after a month and a half, I have fitted them to the bike. And I must say, so far I am very unhappy.

Once mounted up I found that the shift arm hits the swing arm as soon as it is tightened down making it impossible to shift, and when any weight is put on the suspension the brake lever hits the swing arm.

So tomorrow when I get to work I will be getting longer mounting bolts for the rear set to adapter plate, and 3mm spacers for them, and go from there to see what I can come up with, more updates after I get them installed correctly.

Also just because of how much I paid for them, and the fact that these issues seem to me like lack of proper testing of the product being sold, I emailed danmoto about the issue and if they have any fixes for it or if it was a bad batch of products. I will also comment about this when they respond.
Jamie :wave: