fireballxl5

Re: Sad sad news

Post by fireballxl5 »

Been away have just seen the post

Very sad news, my thoughts are with his family
tasum

Post by tasum »

Flatline told me this morning. Terrible news and a great shame. Best wishes to his family and friends. Still hard to believe.
slow is smooth, smooth is fast
tattoo

Post by tattoo »

i never got to meet him but i did receive lots of advice from him...

my thoughts go to his family and friends

R.I.P benny....gone but never forgotten m8
seb421

Post by seb421 »

Word of warning with the paypal donations,
be careful with paypal the b8stard froze my account when I got to a certain figure,when I broke the storm for parts and they the investigated me,

was a while before I could get my hands on the money,

will send my donation for the family early Friday morning if this is okay?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
INSURANCE - MCE - Expires 12/04/2015 (Midnight)
ACCIDENT CALL - 0871 2227910
RAC - 0800 1977830 - 03_MCECAB90013033
cliveyandrews

Post by cliveyandrews »

tony.mon wrote:Ok, it's sunk in now, and I wanted to share a few memories, as that's all we'll have from now on- to a point, anyway.

One of the funniest memories I have is when he came to the Bulldog Bash, I threw out a run what you brung challenge, and Martin loved a challenge....
ANyway, i got there first, and got my tent up, and he showed up after work.
i was already a beer or two into the day....
So he shows up, full of swagger and piss, and unpacks his bike.
He gets his tent out, then looks....and looks......and looks- he's left his poles at home, behind the settee.

I've never seen a grown man have as big a temper tantrum in my life. it probably didn't help that I was laughing and crying.....
Anyways, after a bit I took him to the big camping bus, and he bought a cheap tent for the weekend, but he didn't get over it all weekend.

On the drag strip, his legs were too short for a proper burnout, which pissed him off even more.
The first year, I won every race.
The second year (when he remembered his poles) he took one off me, and was rock-a-hoop.

After that, I shared with him my secret, which was that the green "go" light came on .4 of a second after the last yellow light, which meant that I launched on the yellow, as my reaction times were about.5 of a second.
Apparently that was cheating.
He vowed to come back and get me, but it didn't happen.

I can say this about my friend Martin, though:
He didn't half take some catching on a bike.

It seems a shame that he won't be there next time, cracking smart comments, being a pain, but being there for anyone, any time.
We never agreed about the best way ti tune one of the Storm engines; he had his ideas, I have mine, different riding styles, and that's what we agreed in the end- he liked revs, I like torque. Both methods get you to the next corner quicker than most, so it was alright by me.

i'd just paid him for those trick HRC cams, and if they end up heading my way I'll think of him when I get it running.

I'll be up for the funeral, won't be on a bike, which is a shame, but hey, I'll be there to say goodbye anyway, depending on dates.anyway.

Gotta go now, as I'm cooking dinner, blaming the tears on the onions, but I'll ride with you mate.
Lovely story mate. Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk and my fat fingers and thumbs....
=====================================================

Audi, Vide, Tace
aurantiacus tempestas es ocius

=====================================================
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

I expect that once the funeral information is known there will be a need for another thread, but in advance of that, I spoke to CheekyKev; he's not at home for a day or two at the moment but said that he'll put up anyone coming for the funeral from Kent or darn sarf; it'll be a long day riding up and back with a funeral in between, so I'll be taking him up on that offer, with thanks.

Cheekykev asked me to post this, so I haven't set him up for crowds, but in case anyone else is doing a distance the offers is apparently there, just PM him and he'll respond once he's back home.

By the way, looks like I will be on a bike for the funeral, if the dates work out- I'm away for a week myself in August- but a very kind gentleman has offered me the loan of his Storm for the ride to the funeral, as mine is currently internally unkempt, and it's fine and generous gesture, for which I publically offer my thanks, and promise not to sell it on Ebay afterwards or nick bits off it. :twisted: :angel:

Tony
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
playerone

Post by playerone »

That's a generous offer from Kev, once the date is announced i'll know better if I'll have to take him up on that, got a holiday booked for first week in aug. Glad to hear you got a storm sorted out for the funeral trip Tony, was indeed a generous offer too from the owner.
I've known for a long time that folks on here are more than willing to help each other out when the need arises and at such a sad time as this going above and beyond the norm.......makes me proud to be a member here.
Thank you
cupasoop
Site Admin

Post by cupasoop »

Just got told about this today, sad news. Condolences to all the family and friends of Martin.
Rich.

Tekram La

Post by Tekram La »

There isn't a lot more to add or say that hasn't been done so already.
My thoughts and sympathy goes out to all those involved and affected by this tragic event.
May time heal the deepest hurt but not erode the fondest memories.
R.I.P Martin
freakdazzer

Post by freakdazzer »

r.i.p to a fellow biker and wishing the best for his family at this sad time in their lifes.
BennysSister

Post by BennysSister »

Hi all
I'm Benny's/Martin's sister and I've been reading through all your posts with Mum. We just wanted to let you know that it means a lot to us that so many of you have posted your memories, photos and best wishes. We're absolutely heartbroken, of course, but it's good to know that so many of you loved him for the same reasons we did (kind, thoughtful, irritating, funny, a bit crazy...)
There are no firm plans for the funeral as yet as we're waiting for the paperwork to be sorted, but we'd love it if some of his biker friends could join us. We will either post the details on here or will pass it on via members of the biker community.
We'll hope to see some of you for the ride out on Sunday. Ride safely.
Dianne (sister) and Rita (mum) xxx
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

It's very kind of you, at this difficult time, to take time out and come onto the forum. My condolences on your loss.
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

So sorry to hear of your loss, this is very saddening news.

My thoughts are with all friends and family.
Jamie :wave:
Diabolus

Post by Diabolus »

R.I.P. shocked to hear this !
http://lincsrideouts.co.uk

So many MODS to do so little time to do them ! Mini bi-xenon hid projector viewtopic.php?f=31&t=30721