what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
Shauned71

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by Shauned71 »

Today I stared at my bike along with the insurance engineer... Will soon have a few bob to spend on me bike :thumbup:
seb421

Post by seb421 »

Pumped up the tires as they had noticeably lost pressure and could feel it slipping on the rear in the wet other day
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
INSURANCE - MCE - Expires 12/04/2015 (Midnight)
ACCIDENT CALL - 0871 2227910
RAC - 0800 1977830 - 03_MCECAB90013033
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

shaggy-doo wrote:are you shore that card board is going to be strong enough to hold an exhaust mate :?:
sorry i thought i would say it before someone else did :lol: :lol:
Yep the akras are lighter than air :-)
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

darkember wrote:
MacV2 wrote:More one armed tinkering...took all HEL lines off Red & the Black callipers as I know they are good to go seal wise, only fitted last year. Whacked on the original mankey callipers minus the fluids, pads & lines...Damaged in the crash Mr Insurance man... :wink:

Stuck an old battery in it, old bar ends, put the tank & seat back on & a set of std pipes. So if the robbing bastids insurance monkeys don't let me keep it
they get back a standard bike + a bag of broken bits of fairing...
How did you manage all that with one arm :? :?
With a bit of difficulty TBH, me neighbour helped with the pipes however... :lol:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
agentpineapple

Re: what have you done to your

Post by agentpineapple »

lloydie wrote:Oops I forgot the pic
I've been thinking about making a set out of cf but not till winter
i have to admire the use of a green pen, colour coding all the way........... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

:lol:
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

The cans look good Lloyd, just get rid of the Aprilla bit otherwise the bike may break down. LOL The angle is not too sharp so should allow you loads of options with indicators. I'm looking forward to seeing how you get on with the link pipe.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
Nickcv

Post by Nickcv »

I'm a bit of a perfectionist and today I fitted new foot peg rubbers as the originals were well worn. Also when I bought the bike the gear lever had been repaired with a bolt in place of the original rubber. Managed to find a used one on Ebay which is now on the bike. Also today I spotted a Pyramid lower with fitting kit going for £60 so bought it and ordered up some paint for it. After that I'll be looking at some after market cans to replace the originals.
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

cybercarl wrote:The cans look good Lloyd, just get rid of the Aprilla bit otherwise the bike may break down. LOL The angle is not too sharp so should allow you loads of options with indicators. I'm looking forward to seeing how you get on with the link pipe.

Me too I hope this bloke can do what he says he can .
When the cans are fitted it should look like when I had the 2-1 fitted but both sides .
I'm in talks with a man who can make the decals for me
mattycoops43

Post by mattycoops43 »

Not been on for a few days because I rode up to Matlock area for a rally, The Storm has really got under my skin! Found it well comfy with original bars on, I must be getting used to it.

Accidentally got involved in a top gear roll on with a blade 900 and was quite glad it matched it up to 162 indicated (I know, I know, they over read a lot don't they) but then he owned up to accidentally having it in 5th, so I reckon I would have taken him if he had been in sixth! (obv he would have had another gear to go, but still, not bad).

Now I am completely happy with the way the bike rides, cosmetics are next on the list. Going to be a slow process though as money is proper tight at the moment.
Budget storm gradually on the road to spangliness.
agentpineapple

Re: what have you done to your

Post by agentpineapple »

lloydie wrote:
cybercarl wrote:The cans look good Lloyd, just get rid of the Aprilla bit otherwise the bike may break down. LOL The angle is not too sharp so should allow you loads of options with indicators. I'm looking forward to seeing how you get on with the link pipe.

When the cans are fitted it should look like when I had the 2-1 fitted but both sides .
lloydie, make sure they're backed with heat resistant foil.... :thumbup:
they look the part... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

tiny bit more tinkering today, rubbed down and repainted some oberon bar ends. I also clean the bottom of my engine, aswell as refitting some rubber trim.
the next big job will be checking the timing........ :eh:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

agentpineapple wrote:
lloydie wrote:

lloydie, make sure they're backed with heat resistant foil.... :thumbup:
they look the part... :thumbup:
Good thinking :Thumbup:
rocco-jocco

Post by rocco-jocco »

Just loaded and strapped on my Ventura luggage bag, off to Ireland tonight (to watch some road racing @ Skerries), leaving Swindon @ 10pm to catch the 2.30am ferry leaving Pembroke. Fingers crossed for a few days of sunshine :D
aces-high

Post by aces-high »

Stripped the front end down. Cracked the calipers open, cleaned and rebuilt then bled the brakes and clutch, removed the old bearings and races. Received parcel of goodies from opie oils (fork oil and coolant).
Wire brushed the lower yoke ready for primer and painting.
Clocks subframe and forks to clean tomorrow and starter motor to remove and clean all for priming and painting.
Unsure about doing the fork lower mods. I really don't think it would make much difference at the level of my bike riding :?: Will just drop in new springs and oil and see how they are.
Can't make my mind up about what fork colour to use, stay sliver or go for black/dark.