whitestorm pete

Re: Helping with up keep

Post by whitestorm pete »

very happy to pay a few clams to help out! :thumbup:
If sh1t were money you would be worth a fortune
shaggy-doo

Post by shaggy-doo »

just to bring my count up :wink: i will put my 10p worth in. im a newbie here and find this forum friendly and helpful and can understand why the 50 count is in place as you don't want members signing up just to sell a bike and never post again
why not if you don't already do so ask for a donation from members that sell items in the sell section it would help. i know other forums do this.
oh and yes i would give a donation to the forum but would it not be better to give a £1 a month than 10 a year that way the money would be coming in monthly rather than yearly maybe direct debit or something like that who would miss £1 a month :roll:
i think if you were a new owner and looking at forums to join it would put some off but most that are already on here wouldn't mind giving a donation and if the ones looking to join were Sirius they wouldn't mind paying after being on the forum for say a month so what i am trying to say is maybe give a month free membership :think:
now i have said that my head herts and i need a drink :lol:
Regards ian
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

direct debit
NO NO NO :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: Direct debit is bad for your health, I never direct debit anything. I like to keep track of my banking. PayPal is much better.I have been on forums where it's donations only. They have a percentage scale to how healthy the site is. When it gets low and into the Red, members know that there is a chance that server space, bandwidth etc could be compromised, so donations start floating back in to top it up. Or it could be a simple donations welcome via Paypal button on the Portal Page. Buy the admin a pint or coffee type of thing.

Dam I wasn't going to say anything else on the subject :roll: I did try. :lol:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
macdee

Post by macdee »

Nickcv wrote:With the requirement of making 50 posts before being allowed full user status of the forum, being able to PM other members etc I would not be prepared to make any contribution unless that particular ruling was relaxed. It's a shame that there have been several items I've spotted in the sales and wants section and due to the regulations I am unable to respond and display my interest.
hi nick
their are other sites that you cant even join without paying £10 first
its not hard to get 50 posts we all had to do it just start asking question ,toss in a few comments
silly or not the men on here know that your just trying to get your count up
less ultimatums are more posts please
here,s a little helping hand
what colours your bike
:thumbup:
told you not to but oh no you knew better
shaggy-doo

Post by shaggy-doo »

cybercarl wrote:
direct debit
NO NO NO :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: Direct debit is bad for your health, I never direct debit anything. I like to keep track of my banking. PayPal is much better.I have been on forums where it's donations only. They have a percentage scale to how healthy the site is. When it gets low and into the Red, members know that there is a chance that server space, bandwidth etc could be compromised, so donations start floating back in to top it up. Or it could be a simple donations welcome via Paypal button on the Portal Page. Buy the admin a pint or coffee type of thing.

Dam I wasn't going to say anything else on the subject :roll: I did try. :lol:

:lol: it was just a thought but that sounds good to me too. there needs to be a paypal thing at the side for donations to be pay'd to as you said
Regards ian
macdee

Post by macdee »

how much does it cost to run the site :)
told you not to but oh no you knew better
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

I know it was juts a thought and it's great that your participating with you ideas. :thumbup: :beer:

The thing is, giving people badges or whatever, direct debits and such is all way overcomplicating things and just creates work. We could end up just paying for the time to deal with the work that we created in the first place. :lol: so end paying for nothing. :lol: :lol:

All that is required is a simple donations welcome button via paypal on the home page. A brief explanation as to what the donations are for (upkeep of site) Simple to set up and it does not discriminate people or make them feel guilty if they have paid or not. It's totally optional and discrete. Simples. :thumbup:

It don't cost much for running a site depending on how much bandwidth is used, but this is kept to a minimum by having images and video hosted off site. But then there is the time involved with the upkeep on the admin side of things. The running of the site is coming out of someone pocket somewhere unless we are lucky enough to have free server space and a free domain name. Even if it wasn't I would think £50 a year would more than cover it, with drinks left over.

Kev L

Post by Kev L »

The only thing with this line of thought is not wishing to step on the toes of whoever it is that keeps this place rolling. It's a brilliant facility and I wouldn't want to upset the current facilitator, who as far as i'm aware has never persued subs of any kind. It's good to know the offer of support is there, but without wishing to insult the management team.
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

:)

Nickcv

Post by Nickcv »

macdee wrote:
Nickcv wrote:With the requirement of making 50 posts before being allowed full user status of the forum, being able to PM other members etc I would not be prepared to make any contribution unless that particular ruling was relaxed. It's a shame that there have been several items I've spotted in the sales and wants section and due to the regulations I am unable to respond and display my interest.
hi nick
their are other sites that you cant even join without paying £10 first
its not hard to get 50 posts we all had to do it just start asking question ,toss in a few comments
silly or not the men on here know that your just trying to get your count up
less ultimatums are more posts please
here,s a little helping hand
what colours your bike
:thumbup:
I've got a silver one with yellow wheels, 24 K on the clock and a bit of a bargain. I won it on Ebay for less than £900. Apart from a few minor scratches she's in pretty good codition.
thumperslaw

Post by thumperslaw »

Could we keep this on topic please

And if we stick some money in the pot then we could say

Sales & wanted can be split
Stolen bit
Non vtr based stuff
Even youtube bit
98 storm with goodies!

Srad seven fiddy stuntbike

K100 "flying brick"

R.I.P engine number 5
ernie234

Post by ernie234 »

i would donate towards upkeep. but if everyone was to donate to the site u cannot have any restrictions on the site i.e sales and wants because no one would pay upkeep to something that they cannot use well thats my opinion anyway.
thumperslaw

Post by thumperslaw »

ernie234 wrote:i would donate towards upkeep. but if everyone was to donate to the site u cannot have any restrictions on the site i.e sales and wants because no one would pay upkeep to something that they cannot use well thats my opinion anyway.

That's point i've made a couple of times.

If you help towards the up keep then no matter how many post you have you can send pm's , post in sales and wanted
98 storm with goodies!

Srad seven fiddy stuntbike

K100 "flying brick"

R.I.P engine number 5
gl_s_r

Post by gl_s_r »

Can I ask why this has all come about.. What's happened to drive the initial question?
Why ask... sometime you just go to do it and find out?