Helmet Cams ??

General Biker Banter
geodude

Re: Helmet Cams ??

Post by geodude »

leevtr wrote:Think I'm going to spend a whole 11 quid on a ball adaptor for my spare ram mount, and have a play with my cybershot digital camera first. Might be shite compared to a dedicated sports type camera, but worth a go before splashing out.
That's how I started :biggrin . lol I then bought a cheap helmet cam, found I liked it and then bought a GoPro :thumbup:
“Only by constantly developing your insight and knowledge can you fulfil your responsibility to ride safely and effectively”
“He who rides fastest, rides alone!"
YouTube Website Facebook Bike accessories
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

We go out as a small group on the french greenlanes every other weekend, sometimes with a Drift helmet cam attached. We now have a great record of the long chemins (tracks) we have found and how the condition of them changes post rainfall etc.

Here's an example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3J64EmA ... age#t=132s

With wide-angle set right, the results are usually good.

Dave
Flatline

Post by Flatline »

George, can I have your old cheap helmet came then?? :biggrin :biggrin :biggrin
geodude

Post by geodude »

Flatline wrote:George, can I have your old cheap helmet came then?? :biggrin :biggrin :biggrin
Long gone mate. I dropped it and it broke. It was one of these. I'll see if I can find any old footage.
http://amzn.to/13269k6

I lost my SD gopro too. I left it in a back pack in a lay by next to a burger van and someone nicked it :x
“Only by constantly developing your insight and knowledge can you fulfil your responsibility to ride safely and effectively”
“He who rides fastest, rides alone!"
YouTube Website Facebook Bike accessories