Hi there!

New here? Come in and introduce yourself
daveuprite

Re: Hi there!

Post by daveuprite »

Yeah, the law is basically a breach of the EU regs on free use of vehicles across European borders. The French government brought in the restriction years ago and have only just been reprimanded by Brussels for continuing it. They have until January 2016 to repeal the restriction.

In practice most french bikers with superbikes flout the restriction anyway, despite some large fines. For obvious practical reasons, the gendarmes can't really dyno test people at the roadside, so the bike is only tested if it's involved in a serious accident that may have been caused by power beyond 106.

Can anyone tell me the power figures (at the crank and at the rear wheel) for a standard Firestorm?

Cheers, Dave
Virt

Post by Virt »

http://vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=36

Have a look at these, some may have been modified I'm not sure... But that will give you an idea about firestorm power..

Welcome to the forum :thumbup:
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

Virt wrote:http://vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=36

Have a look at these, some may have been modified I'm not sure... But that will give you an idea about firestorm power..

Welcome to the forum :thumbup:

Thanks - that's helpful. Looks like peeps are getting about 107 rwhp after basic stage 1 mods. Which makes me think the bike was probably about 95bhp at the crank standard. I am researching this, but the power is so close to the French limit, that I doubt very much honda would have produced two different set-ups just to accomodate the french market.

Thanks again for the link - Best wishes, Dave
8541Hawk

Post by 8541Hawk »

In the US the power ratings were 105RWHP in '98-'99 and then it dropped ton 100RWHP in'00

So what year did the power restrictions go into effect?
Loud pipes don't save lives, knowing how to ride your bike will save your life.
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

8541Hawk wrote:In the US the power ratings were 105RWHP in '98-'99 and then it dropped ton 100RWHP in'00

So what year did the power restrictions go into effect?
Mid 1990s in France, but as I've said, the regulation is actually illegal because the French government cannot provide any evidence of a direct link between power and accidents - something us bikers have known for years but we've been ignored by those who think they know better. I import unrestricted race bikes into France from the UK, for use on circuits only, but I will be very glad when the road restriction is repealed in 2016.

Dave