Mechanic available

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
parkergb6

Re: Mechanic available

Post by parkergb6 »

Tony,
are you likely to be free start of Feb snow permitting looking to do my CCTS. Would like to know I am doing it right. If its ok I'll give you a call nearer the time. :cool2
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Happy to help if I can, chances are it'll be a weekend day, though, if that's ok.
Let me know nearer the time, and we can agree a date.
I have some manual CCT's in stock if that's what you were planning.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Ges

Post by Ges »

Hi Tony, just bought first Firestorm (1999) just 13,000 on the clock, searching around about the CCT issue, see your original post was some years back so wondering if you are still carrying out this work? live in Bexley so just down the road.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Yes, no probs, I'll pm you my moby, drop round and we'll sort it.
A local, there's a rarity!
Ges

Post by Ges »

Hi Tony

Good talking today, see you on 22nd Sept, just remembered I only have a couple of back lights on instrument cluster working so if we get a chance to do those would be good if you have any bulbs. My number is 0787 9406807, if any problems

Ges
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Ges wrote:Hi Tony

Good talking today, see you on 22nd Sept, just remembered I only have a couple of back lights on instrument cluster working so if we get a chance to do those would be good if you have any bulbs. My number is 0787 9406807, if any problems

Ges
Yes; are you using standard bulbs or do you want the LED replacements? If so, white or which colour? (I'd recommend white, tried red and blue and you can't see the clocks properly at night under streetlamps).
Ges

Post by Ges »

Tony, cheers for sorting me out today, CCT change, service and class in bike servicing, highly recommended to anyone else out there requiring work

Ges
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Damn, just noticed we didn't do the instrument panel bulbs.
Text me your address and I'll post you some std ones- I'm sure I have some left form when I changed mine to LED's.
Ges

Post by Ges »

Tony, got some LED's and sorted many thanks..May be back soon though with an electrical issue, any pointers though..Battery slowly drains after about 3/4 days when not used until not enough juice to turn over. Replaced battery, but seems same any known problems? Not changed RR yet, and also trying to work out if I can take alarm out of the equation, but auto arms if you don't set, not sure if easy way to isolate that
Ges
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Mine does this too, but I think it might be the digital gear indicator/voltmeter I have installed, or maybe the relays for the headlight and main that I've installed. I keep meaning to isolate them and see if it still does it.

We can meter out your battery easily enough, and see what is draining the current, if anything.
Have you anything else non-standard apart form the alarm?

Alarms do drain current gently over the course of a few days- either ride it more often/regularly or leave it an Optimate between rides is probably the easiest solution.
If you don't have power in your garage, then maybe a cover with built-in solar panel or a separate panel on the roof?
This sort of thing....
http://www.ebay.co.uk/bhp/motorcycle-solar
Ges

Post by Ges »

Nothing else non standard, have power in the garage so was thinking of getting an Optimiser to make life easier, found post on forum about electrical / rectifier testing..I'll see if I can figure anything out using that, if not I'll give you a shout
Annoying as bike sat in the pouring rain all day at work today and started first time, thanks for the advice
TonyW650

Post by TonyW650 »

think my engine might be talking a trip to sevenoaks, when I get it out lol
Ges

Post by Ges »

Hi Tony, in need of new chain and sprocket, is this something you would do, not totally confident to do myself
Ges
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Yes, no prob, I've PM'd you my mobile number.
But you'll need both sprockets, not just the one...
Ges

Post by Ges »

Hi Tony, struggling to find an complete chains on the web, D.I.D seem the most common but all come split..any recommendations or will the split be OK
Cheers
Ges