what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
mattycoops43

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by mattycoops43 »

Plastic welded some brass inserts into the tail unit to hold the captive nuts for the rear light, so now it doesn't flap around in the wind. Touched up the cracks in the paint with some modelling paint (easy cos it's black) and adjusted the chain. (easiest bike so far for me, the adjusters are lovely compared to locknuts)

Off for a proper ride tomorrow, meeting a friend who is back on a new bike for the first time after a bad crash last year, she is riding Notts down to Swansea, so I am meeting her and some friends at Hereford and going across the heads of the valleys.

Tyres are so new they still need scrubbing in, but they are 'Adrenos'??? bit concerned tbh, previous owner was proud they were £100 for the pair. they feel sticky but there's no give in them like they are over inflated (they are not) I think they might be mega thick.
Budget storm gradually on the road to spangliness.
Eclectic

Post by Eclectic »

Well, it gets worse. Those who remember my bike went to track electronics, i still havent got her back.

Partly his fault, partly mine. Well, he cant set her up now. reckons with pipercross filter and factory pro jets she wont rev past 3.5k, and same with stock filter and factory pro jets. So ive now got to pay him a oner for the priviledge of having her pulled about. Still wont get her back till tomorrow at the earliest.

Not fookin' happy!

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

dyno costs confuse the hell out of me, you can supply the jet kit and filter, give them the bike to make it run well, and depending on how good the dyno guy is, it can cost between £100 and £250, it depends how many times they need to adjust the settings and how many runs they need to do, having a big distrust of mechanics, i would want to be present whilst they work on my bike. otherwise they could lie thru their teeth and say it was a nightmare and charge you £250+, when its possible they got it spot on within a couple of runs.
the best option would be to find a reckomended dyno firm, that knows how to work on the storm. i still intend to take my bike to tony's guy in edenbridge kent.
good luck with your bike dude..... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Eclectic

Post by Eclectic »

Thanks man, could be worth that run for me at some point. To be fair to track electronics they have been entirely honest and upfront. i can tell the guy their is nearly as pissed off as I am. He did say recently he hasnt done a storm before. He likely thought he would piss it.

Im kicking myself for not asking if he had done a storm before i took her there.

VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

The pipercross I can understand at not being easy to get dialled in, but for the FP kit and a standard filter, well, that should be reasonably simple. Plenty of peole are running them including myself. My bike is running sweet right now apart from my dodgy left link pipe which messes the A/F up at 5000rpm on that side.

My current set up is as follows:
Standard filter
Two standard long Velocity Stacks
Front carb
178 main
48 pilot
needle clip 2nd from the bottom
standard 10though shim
A/F done by ear

Rear carb
180 main
48 pilot
needle clip 2nd from the bottom
Added 20thou shim and standard 10though shim removed
A/F done by ear

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
Eclectic

Post by Eclectic »

I dunno :?

They came personally recommended by Danny McAvoy, so they should be decent. It maybe that he's spent soo much lost time on her that he hasnt passed onto me its just not viable to carry on cash wise. Like your post only 15 mins ago or so said.

Perhaps ill grow some and try your set up myself.

VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Just put my new modded ala Mac style sidestand on. No more heel slipping off half a dozen times now when I want to put the stand down. Especially in the wet :lol: Thanks for sidestand loan Mac I shall get a return stand to you soon as.

The only downside now is that I cant move the stand up and down while on my Abba stand as it wont fit past the leg.

lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Bloody hell Carl your gear lever is low !!
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

That's what's comfortable for my dodgy ankle. I guess I could move it up slightly, but if it too high I literally have to lift my leg of the peg to get on top of it to put in in first. :eek2

MacV2

Re: what have you done to your

Post by MacV2 »

lloydie wrote:Bloody hell Carl your gear lever is low !!
Dodgy foot/ankle restricted movement I believe...

Good work Carl I trust that it is much easier now. Have same issue with abba stand with the blackbird stand, you just have to remember to either have it up or down depending on what you are doing...suggest down if planning on using abba when on own !

If your not planning on a visit any time soon, bung the stand in the post for me please... Ta.
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

you just have to remember to either have it up or down depending on what you are doing...suggest down if planning on using abba when on own !
No it has to be up or I can;t put the Abba back down because it catches. Just found that out after putting the stand on and ended up taking it back of and bolting it back up with the stand up. I usually did always keep the stand down while on the Abba as an extra safety precaution, but to TBH the Abba when tightened up and secure the bike will not fall in either direction as the Abba stand is there to catch it.

I shall pop down and see you soon Mac, not this weekend as I'm going to put my painted swingarm on tomorrow and I have my forks to do. Just waiting on my fork oil to turn up now. The other parts arrived today. I shall give you a shout next week Mac and pay you a visit. Hopefully my forks will be done by then so I can give them a thorough test run. :thumbup:

seb421

Post by seb421 »

Eclectic wrote:Well, it gets worse. Those who remember my bike went to track electronics, i still havent got her back.

Partly his fault, partly mine. Well, he cant set her up now. reckons with pipercross filter and factory pro jets she wont rev past 3.5k, and same with stock filter and factory pro jets. So ive now got to pay him a oner for the priviledge of having her pulled about. Still wont get her back till tomorrow at the earliest.

Not fookin' happy!

What the wombles is he doing!!

I had a pipercross race filter, Yoshimura System, and dyno jets and a selection of pilots took a few days fettling with it but soon got it running spot on

He's a wombles crook this Richard go get your bike back and tell him your mate mat alright from BBC rouge traders will be round shortly :-)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
INSURANCE - MCE - Expires 12/04/2015 (Midnight)
ACCIDENT CALL - 0871 2227910
RAC - 0800 1977830 - 03_MCECAB90013033
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Ah the dreaded red traders there Seb. It sounds all the more threatening in French!!! You're just so cosmopolitan :lol:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

He's a ferking crook this Richard go get your bike back and tell him your mate mat alright from BBC rouge traders will be round shortly :-)
:lol: :lol: :lol: Oh Seb, you have a way with words mate. :lol:

Painted my chain adjusters Gold and got my swingarm ready for installation. Removed all the masking tape of the end and pt the chain guide back on. Tomorrow I shall strip the rear end down, give it all a good clean, re-grease all the linkages and stiff and rebuild.

BigVeeGrin

Post by BigVeeGrin »

Simple stuff - lovely ride over to Kevland to see if my newly taken in leathers fitted before they finish off, back, popped in rear brake pads, on with the standard cans, off to the MOT man, back for a cuppa. :D