what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
Virt

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by Virt »

I was keeping distance I just braked hard and locked my disks and could do nothing :( we're both fine, bruises and holes :lol: bikes are fine we just took out a footpeg on each others bikes (I need mine however). And yeah. I've lost confidence from my weeks away, booking one of those bikesafe courses for a tenner at some point. And my dad wants me to at least start an iams before riding an unrestricted firestor.. If only he knew :lol:
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

The main thing is you OK buddy, bikes can be repaired. No harm in doing courses but it basically comes down to getting some miles under you belt, It's all down to experience. We've all been there, I've lost count of the off's I've had over the years. Mainly down to my own stupidity. 9 times out of 10 they are silly harmless ones though.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
Virt

Post by Virt »

Yeah. I've done about 4-5000 miles since I got my license but next to none of them have been in the last month. I'm inexperienced again, and I suffer from skill decay quite badly. I knew I should have taken the VTR out for a ride :lol: but yeah. We're fine. Bikes are fine. Could have gone so much worse
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement
NHSH

Re: what have you done to your

Post by NHSH »

Virt wrote:Yeah. I've done about 4-5000 miles since I got my license but next to none of them have been in the last month. I'm inexperienced again, and I suffer from skill decay quite badly. I knew I should have taken the VTR out for a ride :lol: but yeah. We're fine. Bikes are fine. Could have gone so much worse
Sorry to hear that mate, I'm glad you are OK!

On another thought... just for general knowledge.
Do any of you know what OK stands for?
The American civil war, every day the military had a post on a board counting the fallen, on days no one died, they had it as Zero Killed as 0 Killed or OK, which counted for a good day.
You never see a motorcycle parked in front of a psychiatrists for psycho therapy. All I need is cycle therapy
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

I hope so as I say it a fair amount :roll:

OK let me try to explain it. :lol: It's actually Okay but when writing it's often abbreviated to OK. OK can be used as a term of agreement "OK I understand" or to say that something is correct "That is OK" or in the use I used it in the above post to Virt I used it instead of allright, so instead of saying "The main thing is you allright" I said : The main thing is you OK" meaning there's nothing wrong, your allright. Similar to way I used it at the begging of this paragraph where I have used it as a statement, a bit like a pause before the start. Instead of saying "allright let me try to explain it" I used OK. Or another use for it is the other way around where it can be used for approval, like asking someone if something is right, one might say "Is this OK" or "Is it OK to go over there". It can also be used to ask someone if they are allright "Are you OK" or to explain that something went well "yes it was OK" which is a bit of a mediocre answer, like it's not brilliant, it's just OK.

Now I will ask you if that is a satisfactory answer to your question. Your response could be "Yes that is OK" or 'OK I understand what you mean now" :lol: :lol:

There endeth the English lesson for today. :plainsmile

==============================Enter the Darkside
NHSH

Post by NHSH »

cybercarl wrote:
I hope so as I say it a fair amount :roll:

OK let me try to explain it. :lol: It's actually Okay but when writing it's often abbreviated to OK. OK can be used as a term of agreement "OK I understand" or to say that something is correct "That is OK" or in the use I used it in the above post to Virt I used it instead of allright, so instead of saying "The main thing is you allright" I said : The main thing is you OK" meaning there's nothing wrong, your allright. Similar to way I used it at the begging of this paragraph where I have used it as a statement, a bit like a pause before the start. Instead of saying "allright let me try to explain it" I used OK. Or another use for it is the other way around where it can be used for approval, like asking someone if something is right, one might say "Is this OK" or "Is it OK to go over there". It can also be used to ask someone if they are allright "Are you OK" or to explain that something went well "yes it was OK" which is a bit of a mediocre answer, like it's not brilliant, it's just OK.

Now I will ask you if that is a satisfactory answer to your question. Your response could be "Yes that is OK" or 'OK I understand what you mean now" :lol: :lol:

There endeth the English lesson for today. :plainsmile

Well, you maybe correct as well, there are actually many versions for the meaning of OK, and no one knows exactly what is the true origin, it can go all the way to ancient Greece if you will :), "Ola Kala" in Greek means "everything's fine".
To me the 0 Killed version seems like the reason it was adapted to the American English, it does explain allot on how you use the OK in a sentence.
Last edited by NHSH on Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You never see a motorcycle parked in front of a psychiatrists for psycho therapy. All I need is cycle therapy
gaz_vtr

Post by gaz_vtr »

Bit of a clean,check over,took some photos so show current state than went for a good blat. :D :D :D
Recent additions are a set of Mac's numberboards with carbon edge and carbon wrapped bellypan,done by myself.Image
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

narrowly missed being taken out by a range rover on the way home today :( 8O

Was on a straight overtaking a line of cars, headlight on, indicators on and thankfully in the far right hand side of the road. I was at least 30mph faster than the line of cars and just 1 yard from the back of the RangeRover when he pulled out to start overtaking, no indicators and not a lot of acceleration either.... and I am now level with his tail light with the back wheel snaking and the front starting to screech.....too close for my liking .

he did apologise as I pulled alongside him after the event!
AMcQ
mattycoops43

Post by mattycoops43 »

Ordered Exhaust gaskets, tapered head bearings and all the bits I need to rebuild the used forks I have on the way this week, and fit the debaffed silencers I got last week. On Jury duty this week, so hopefully will have time to get it done.
Budget storm gradually on the road to spangliness.
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

so so so tired and i've got a sore neck......... :lol: :lol: :lol:
all day on the bike, started off with a ride over to west london to meet carl. only to find out my numberplate had fallen off, i thought i'd heard a strange sound after hitting a pot hole in southwark. so me and carl traced the route back, we managed to find the plate, pretty smashed up, but holding together ok because of the laminate.
i cable tied it back onto the bike, and off we go, first to richmond park, to take some photos of the bike, we saw loads of deer in the park, which was lovely. then we rode to dunsfold, where the top gear test track is, we know a nice country pub, it just so happens a rather tall fellow forum member lives near by, we only woke the lazy bugger up.... :lol:
he heard the bikes, and joined us for a pint in his local. by this time my numberplate was looking very bad.... :eek2
the 3 of us set off for a ride to box hill, seeing ian trying to avoid wind blast made me laugh so much.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
head down, knee's and elbows out :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
after being stuck in conversation with a couple of elderly gents at ryka's, we set off for home. at this point i decided to put my numberplate inside my jacket, as it was about to fall off, very liberating riding thru london with no plate, traffic cameras aren't a problem.... :wink:
not once did i get pulled by the police, very strange tho because only last night i ordered a new plate for the bike, and then this happens.... :crazy:
great fun tho, thanks for the pint ian....... :thumbup:
Last edited by agentpineapple on Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Had a few hours out today to finish the tyre off :-( .
Left mine and went to the crazy fox's cafe at Rutland water
To my disgust they now charge for parking and a small coffee is £1.70 .
So that's off the ride out pit stops places .
An enjoyable ride start to finish clear road and a flying piggie watching me in the b664 :-( .
Kermit managed 92mile till the light this time :-( not good so more tweaking needed .
Griff1977

Post by Griff1977 »

Rode over from East Yorkshire to Anglesey this eve. Although mostly M & A roads, a lovely evening ride- warm & quiet! Took the A5 rather than A55 when I got into the Island of dreams!

Was pushing my luck with fuel- got 117miles after first fill up and took 15.44litres! That was 22 miles on the light- didn't want to take the risk again so 2nd fill up I stopped at 102 miles- only took 14litres! Phew!

Ordered a iPhone waterproof holder that fits into the inner fork stem- I use the TomTom app on iPhone & music quite a lot so worth having it mounted properly I think. Was £45 from ultimate mobiles but seems a good piece of kit. Ill post pics when it arrives.

Griff. :D
KriegerCCTs,HEL oil lines,+4 advancer,+1/-1 sprockets,6mm spacer,CBR1k Sidestand,'07 R1 R/R,HyperPro springs F&R,Pipe Werx SL Carbons,Oxford sports hot grips,Mori style belly
Immediate plans:Clean it!
darkember

Post by darkember »

AMCQ46 wrote:narrowly missed being taken out by a range rover on the way home today :( 8O

Was on a straight overtaking a line of cars, headlight on, indicators on and thankfully in the far right hand side of the road. I was at least 30mph faster than the line of cars and just 1 yard from the back of the RangeRover when he pulled out to start overtaking, no indicators and not a lot of acceleration either.... and I am now level with his tail light with the back wheel snaking and the front starting to screech.....too close for my liking .

he did apologise as I pulled alongside him after the event!
Bloody hell Al that is cutting it too fine. It does, however; give you a kick up the butt reality check. Glad your ok m8 bet the pants aren't.
seb421

Post by seb421 »

Gave mine a decent clean and then had to use paint renovator on the tank where my legs are rubbing the paint 8O then gave it a going over with this armor sheild stuff

supposed to make it resilient to muck and easier to clean in future and stop bugs and muck sticking etc, its good but i think its best if you wash the bike then wax or polish it and then put this over the top of that, know for future tho.

some dirty great stone chips on my screen thankfully none too bad on the fairing but expected some damage after the loose gravel on the Op Storm ride

Glad its clean now, its been minging for a whole week and plastered in bugs since the ride out at the weekend

Dads 954 with the New Pads, caliper cleaned up and rubbers refreshed, Brembo Disc and HEL braided line fitted yesterday

ImageImage
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
INSURANCE - MCE - Expires 12/04/2015 (Midnight)
ACCIDENT CALL - 0871 2227910
RAC - 0800 1977830 - 03_MCECAB90013033
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

seb, when you getting rid of the rocket launcher of a standard end can...... :wink:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!