Fuel noise

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
carmanbikes

Fuel noise

Post by carmanbikes »

Hi All, After rebuilding the engine cant get it to start got a spark, but don't seem to be any petrol, does any one know when you turn the ignition on do you get a noise from a pump its a carb model not the injection, Thanks :(
8541Hawk

Re: Fuel noise

Post by 8541Hawk »

carmanbikes wrote:Hi All, After rebuilding the engine cant get it to start got a spark, but don't seem to be any petrol, does any one know when you turn the ignition on do you get a noise from a pump its a carb model not the injection, Thanks :(
There is no pump on these bikes.

Is the petcock turned on?

Did you attach the vacuum line to the petcock to the bottom? if so remove it and place it on the proper nipple which will point to the side.

As the carbs should be bone dry...you should also apply vacuum to the petcock (mity-vac or just a hose and suck on it) to fill the float bowls.
You will still need to crank it a bit to get fuel up into the carbs but it shouldn't be too bad
Loud pipes don't save lives, knowing how to ride your bike will save your life.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Yeh check you put the vaccum back on the right place and make sure the fuel tap is turned on.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
carmanbikes

Post by carmanbikes »

Thanks very much for that Carl, I have got them right now but still wont go I will have another go tomorrow as battery getting a bit low now
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

I have got them right now but still wont go
Did you have the vacuum in the wrong place then. And by saying it still wont go, is this because of a flat battery or was the petcock not the problem. :confused

==============================Enter the Darkside
carmanbikes

Post by carmanbikes »

cybercarl wrote:
I have got them right now but still wont go
Did you have the vacuum in the wrong place then. And by saying it still wont go, is this because of a flat battery or was the petcock not the problem. :confused

No it still wont go I did have the vac pipe off but after putting it on it still wont go, it was turning over but not very fast don't think its just the battery, So think there may be another problem I need to check the petrol is getting to the carbs as I have checked for a spark and that seems ok
8541Hawk

Post by 8541Hawk »

Did you put vacuum on the petcock like I suggested?

If not you will be cranking for a while to get the float bowls full.
carmanbikes

Post by carmanbikes »

8541Hawk wrote:Did you put vacuum on the petcock like I suggested?

Hi Yes did that and then the battery was getting low so I will have another go tomorrow
NHSH

Post by NHSH »

carmanbikes wrote:
8541Hawk wrote:Did you put vacuum on the petcock like I suggested?

Hi Yes did that and then the battery was getting low so I will have another go tomorrow
If the battery is flat or cranking slow, the bike will not turn on regardless, not a surprise here, but yea like the guys said, once the battery fully charged you may need to crank if for several times till the carb's fill up.
Also make sure your kill switch is on RUN position, that happens to the best :wink:
You never see a motorcycle parked in front of a psychiatrists for psycho therapy. All I need is cycle therapy
carmanbikes

Post by carmanbikes »

Hi, Thanks for all the help got battery charged and it started, It was the vac pipe that I had left off so thanks for the info and the pics
8541Hawk

Post by 8541Hawk »

So as we would say...... PVLIR strikes again.......(Petcock Vacuum Line Inadvertent Relocation)

Glad you got it sorted. :thumbup:
NHSH

Post by NHSH »

8541Hawk wrote:So as we would say...... PVLIR strikes again.......(Petcock Vacuum Line Inadvertent Relocation)

Glad you got it sorted. :thumbup:
:thumbup:
You never see a motorcycle parked in front of a psychiatrists for psycho therapy. All I need is cycle therapy