Dilemma.

General Biker Banter
Saintsman27

Re: Dilemma.

Post by Saintsman27 »

When a close friend dies it effects us all in many ways..but look at this simplistically . Your Pal
would still be here riding his beloved machine if some idiot had not knocked him from it .. ...Hey accidents
happen .. so your pal would have wanted you to enjoy your life and keep on riding I bet... and you should
carry on I feel. There are many terrible gruesome 'orrible things in this world ... and if one reflects upon them
well you wouldnt do anything ... effin stay in play with your computer ... all day, that space between your ears is the problem .. We are all human and capable of making assertive decisions but life is most definitely for enjoying and living while you can enjoy and live it ... your pal would have wanted you to enjoy it... keep your bike m8tey.
Alb :thumbup:
NHSH

Post by NHSH »

Pete, sorry for your loss mate, I lost several friends my self, on bikes and in the military. I know the feeling, maybe you should look at this from another angle, would your friend want you to loose confidence and stop riding? Or would he want you to continue his/your legacy?
If you are a true rider, it is a way of life, yes it' is maybe somewhat self centered looking at the kids and family, but it is also what defines you, it's who you are mate.
Take a few days or weeks off if needed and think about these points and the rest of the gentlemen suggestions.
I hope you will stay a fighter mate.
Cheers
You never see a motorcycle parked in front of a psychiatrists for psycho therapy. All I need is cycle therapy
lumpyv

Post by lumpyv »

sad news .
I suggest keep doing what you are doing, perhaps ride a little more defensively? it may make you feel a bit better. your mate would still be riding if the worst hadn't happened.
when I was a kid my nana lived opposite a really old lady and when she died she had diaries going back to when she was young (about 1912).
it turns out she had a fiancé who went to france in 1915 for the war, served the whole thing out , came home and had an op to remove a spot on his eyebrow that was affecting his sight. he got septacemia and died in hospital.
point being when your numbers up you will get it but if its not you are ok .
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.
BigVeeGrin

Post by BigVeeGrin »

jeez that's a tough one to carry all that time

Pete - feel for you as it really makes you stop and think, as you're doing and it's as the guys say and illustrate. Can't avoid risk, can avoid unnecessary I guess, but we do what we do as a choice and there is no logic or connection between one person and action and another or you I'm afraid. You can only reflect and learn, but can't remove risk and there's no way of knowing what is around the corner. And for you the reflection will come after the reaction I'm sure. Share your concerns with the family and firends as well, may help :thumbup: