what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
NHSH

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by NHSH »

bigspanishmarty wrote:whats a bike thong then carl........... :eek2

good idea about the crash bung for your exhaust, looks better than those big r&g exhaust protectors....
Isn't that an underwear? :lol: :lol:
You never see a motorcycle parked in front of a psychiatrists for psycho therapy. All I need is cycle therapy
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

gl_s_r wrote:Not what I wanted it to look like in the "end of the rebuild" but put the last few bits on this morning and booking it in for it's MOT next week so I can at least get a summer out of it!

Very nice Mark 8) 8) the white wheels work well IMHO :D

Chris.
Virt

Post by Virt »

Nothing yet but my forks and such arrived today.. A week late ._.

So that's this weekend sorted :thumbup: I bloody miss riding a bike.

Although this means it's got it's service and MOT next week presumably.. Basically going 4 weeks with no bike. :thumbdown:
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement
tattoo

Post by tattoo »

took it for it's yearly medical today and it passed with 2 advisories...1 for a very slight warp in one front disc which tbh i couldn't see it on the brake tester and i can't feel it in the lever when braking but hey he's the boss and 1 for the cans which in all fairness are loud,so loud they shook the windows in the office next door :lol: ..brought it back home and washed it.
NHSH

Post by NHSH »

I did a little surprise to a friend of mine with a VTR, got into his garage (I have access to) and swapped his OEM bent handle bars with a CBR1000F handle bars, a little higher and more comfy as he was looking to do anyway. he doesn't know it yet, but when he comes back from the hospital today he will see. I wish I could see his face :)
You never see a motorcycle parked in front of a psychiatrists for psycho therapy. All I need is cycle therapy
Rob

Post by Rob »

NHSH wrote:I did a little surprise to a friend of mine with a VTR, got into his garage (I have access to) and swapped his OEM bent handle bars with a CBR1000F handle bars, a little higher and more comfy as he was looking to do anyway. he doesn't know it yet, but when he comes back from the hospital today he will see. I wish I could see his face :)
A true friend :clap:
'02 VTR1000-FY Yellow.
'12 Moto Guzzi Griso 8V SE Tenni.
Virt

Post by Virt »

NHSH wrote:I did a little surprise to a friend of mine with a VTR, got into his garage (I have access to) and swapped his OEM bent handle bars with a CBR1000F handle bars, a little higher and more comfy as he was looking to do anyway. he doesn't know it yet, but when he comes back from the hospital today he will see. I wish I could see his face :)

Nicest thing I've heard anyone do all day :thumbup: Props to you
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement
Griff1977

Post by Griff1977 »

Adjusted down my headlight! :D

Need to get into my eastern beaver relay connections- at the mo it gives me main beam on dip and visa versa!! Doh. I'm hoping just a swap around of plugs. Griff. :?
KriegerCCTs,HEL oil lines,+4 advancer,+1/-1 sprockets,6mm spacer,CBR1k Sidestand,'07 R1 R/R,HyperPro springs F&R,Pipe Werx SL Carbons,Oxford sports hot grips,Mori style belly
Immediate plans:Clean it!
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

nice one fella.... :thumbup:

lots more running around for me today, i gave a lift to mac, then i went to pick up a samco hose kit for the storm, i also bagged some crash bungs at the same time. once i sort out a lhs fairing and late model front indicator, my spending will be coming to a stop.
its been a good week of parts collecting tho, i have covered alot of ground.... :roll:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Griff1977

Post by Griff1977 »

Griff1977 wrote:Adjusted down my headlight! :D

Need to get into my eastern beaver relay connections- at the mo it gives me main beam on dip and visa versa!! Doh. I'm hoping just a swap around of plugs. Griff. :?
Swapped eastern beaver plugs around- now works as it should! Phew!!
KriegerCCTs,HEL oil lines,+4 advancer,+1/-1 sprockets,6mm spacer,CBR1k Sidestand,'07 R1 R/R,HyperPro springs F&R,Pipe Werx SL Carbons,Oxford sports hot grips,Mori style belly
Immediate plans:Clean it!
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

popped into a powder coaters about 5 miles away, nice guys, bigish company, heres the quote i got for the spondon frame and rear subframe in satin black. if it doesn't need blasting it'll be £110, if it does then £150.
tbh i didn't take the frame, i just went on my bike. hence without him seeing the frame he wasn't sure if it'll need blasting or just prepping.
the turn around is 3 to four days, a little more if it needs blasting, they said they would cover all the threads and delicate areas for me, i will probably do it myself, just to be on the safe side.
so i'm budgeting £150.
i plan to have this done when i'm back in spain, something to look forward to on my return.... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Not a bad price for down there .
Up here its
£75 main frame
£25 sub frames (both)
£25 swing arm
£30 for all the little brackets .
agentpineapple

Re: what have you done to your

Post by agentpineapple »

lloydie wrote:Not a bad price for down there .
Up here its
£75 main frame
£25 sub frames (both)
£25 swing arm
£30 for all the little brackets .
wasn't sure what else to have done lloydie.
i've painted most of the brackets with hammerite and i'm not bothering with the braced swingarm as i've touched up the paintwork on it and its looking ok. last year i sprayed my front subframe blue, and i'm happy to keep it like that for the time being.
the prices down here are crazy.
but for £150 i expect a pucka job. my other option is to send it to malden p/c, great reputation, but to do what i want including shipping will cost nearer £200 and i really don't want the freshly p/c'd parts being shipped.
i best get saving so i can get this done, then the spondon build can be started... :D
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
darkember

Post by darkember »

Carbs balanced. Only a tad out of sync.
playerone

Post by playerone »

got tyre fitted on powdercoated wheel, new spring fitted to shock, fitted the new single sided swingarm and the new front end :thumbup: still a major work in progress tho :(