Operation Storm: Monopoly Mayhem Sunday 12/2am 19th May 2013

Get on yer bike and lets rumble!!

Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

agentpineapple

Re: Operation Storm: Monopoly Mayhem Sunday 12/2am 19th May

Post by agentpineapple »

i emailed hermes and their response was that, this happens alot, the parcel gets to the midlands very quickly, but as the drivers set off from the depot, most of them get so depressed with the area they end up comitting suicide... :lol:
hence the long delay in arrival..... :wink:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Rob

Post by Rob »

bigspanishmarty wrote:i emailed hermes and their response was that, this happens alot, the parcel gets to the midlands very quickly, as the drivers can't wait to escape the London smog, then when they get to the Midlands and discover decent beer we don't hear from them again for days... :lol:
hence the long delay in arrival..... :wink:
You were close BSM, just needed a tweek :clap:
'02 VTR1000-FY Yellow.
'12 Moto Guzzi Griso 8V SE Tenni.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Lloydie, weather looks like showers now not full on rain, so we should still be Ok.

how come you have no waterproofs? what are you doing on your work commute when it rains?

cut neck and arm holes in a black binbag and put that on under your leathers. some tesco bags on your feet before you put your boots on and some workshop gloves under your leather gloves. :thumbup:
AMcQ
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

As I'm in all day waiting I dug deep in the dark depths of the garage as I new there's some water proofs in there and after an hour I found the jacket .
Al I use my works water proofs to go to work in but they ain't up to much .

Stiill not here bsm :-(
But while I was in the garage I bodged one of my 2-1 back into 2-1-2 and fitted it just so I can set the carbs .
The bodge didn't last very long but long enough to do what needed done .
I must say the bafflectomy standard pipes sound great and the carbs set to hawks specs work great the frog feels more linear with the power delivery and I couldn't feel any flat spots .
Going to have a cuppa now while I wait for post man .
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

the bbc weather now says from 10pm sat to 7am sun will be dry in the london area with a low temp of 10 degree's.
lets hope it stays like this..........GAME ON!!!!!!!!
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

carbs set to hawks specs work great the frog feels more linear with the power delivery and I couldn't feel any flat spots .
Lloyd did you block a lift hole in each slide as well?

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
geodude

Post by geodude »

bigspanishmarty wrote:the bbc weather now says from 10pm sat to 7am sun will be dry in the london area with a low temp of 10 degree's.
Shame I didn't get to see you guys today. Would have been cool. Next time :thumbup:

I did walk some of the route today though. http://goo.gl/maps/6NWFp

And if the weather is anything like it was today, it'll be perfect :thumbup:
“Only by constantly developing your insight and knowledge can you fulfil your responsibility to ride safely and effectively”
“He who rides fastest, rides alone!"
YouTube Website Facebook Bike accessories
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

good evening ladies and gets
-----------------------------------
now theres only 4 and a bit days to go. the weather looks to be getting better, although that could change. i'm asking everyone whose attending to pm their phone numbers, also let me know if your bringing another biker for the run. i want an idea of numbers, i will send you my mobile number so you can ring me if you encounter any problems on route to the north london meeting point. i will be at the meeting point from 2am and we are planning to head off at 3am, maybe sooner if everyone is there early. there is a petrol station nearby and it would be wise for everyone to top up before we head off, we don't want to be hanging around for people to fill up once we've started. i'm not sure about toilet facilities at the meet point, also london is rubbish for public toilets, other than the occasional all night petrol stn and macdonalds.
the ride down to the start point at marble arch should take about 20 mins
once we start they'll be no stopping until we complete the monopoly route at marylebone stn, it should take less than 1.30 hrs
we can then have a fag break before setting off around london site seeing and taking pictures.
by 7am the london section of the day should be complete. some of the guys are going down to brighton for breakfast and then continuing on from there.
myself and some others will be heading for a cafe in central london, everyone is welcome to join us. after the cafe we will be heading down to visit mac the cripple on the isle of grain, i suggest we each take him a pack of biscuits to cheer him up, he'd probably prefer a stripper and beer tho... :lol:
again mac has said the more the merrier, so if anyone wants to tag along they're more than welcome.... :thumbup:
if anyones got any questions just put them in the pm.....
Last edited by agentpineapple on Wed May 15, 2013 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

geodude wrote:
bigspanishmarty wrote:the bbc weather now says from 10pm sat to 7am sun will be dry in the london area with a low temp of 10 degree's.
Shame I didn't get to see you guys today. Would have been cool. Next time :thumbup:

And if the weather is anything like it was today, it'll be perfect :thumbup:

sorry i couldn't make it buddy, blimey you did some walking today, the weather in london this afternoon and evening has been rather nice if a little nippy.
fingers crossed for the weekend...... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
geodude

Post by geodude »

bigspanishmarty wrote: blimey you did some walking today,
No problem :)

Walked to Cannon street 2 miles
Walked back 3 miles
Walked home from station 2 miles.

7 miles. That'll do for today :thumbup:
“Only by constantly developing your insight and knowledge can you fulfil your responsibility to ride safely and effectively”
“He who rides fastest, rides alone!"
YouTube Website Facebook Bike accessories
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Unknown road, I know that one. :lol: I thought it was a bit chilly out there today. I'm going to put by winter fleece inner back on my jacket.

Good point about the lack of toilet facilities Marty.

As for the drop off point for those heading down to Brighton. We was thinking that Kennington would be a good place for you to pick up the A23 Brighton Rd.
http://goo.gl/maps/4hpPP

Follow this all the way through, it's signed well, until you reach the M23 then back onto the A23 and straight into Brighton. The A23 is a popular biker route out of London and into Brighton so don't go too crazy and watch out for any plod. There is also the usual speed cameras in places so keep your eyes peeled. But on the bright side with it being early Sunday morning it will be nice and clear all the way through. No heavy weekday traffic.

==============================Enter the Darkside
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

cybercarl wrote:
carbs set to hawks specs work great the frog feels more linear with the power delivery and I couldn't feel any flat spots .
Lloyd did you block a lift hole in each slide as well?

i blocked 2 in the front and one in the rear .
i now have one in the front and two in the rear .
playerone

Post by playerone »

lloydie wrote: i now have one in the front and two in the rear .
that just sounds SOOOOOO wrong :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

playerone wrote:
lloydie wrote: i now have one in the front and two in the rear .
that just sounds SOOOOOO wrong :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:Ball Kick: :lol: :lol:
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

weather update, sat eve 10pm dry until sun 4am, then light showers before t clears away.
so far i've heard from the following members and have the following phone numbers...
----------
bsm
griff
diabolus
edds
carl
lloydie
al
tony
duffy
geo
bazza
playerone
skyman.....maybe
kev......maybe
yeti.....maybe
--------
not as many as we first thought, lets hope the weather clears up and we get more attending.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
another point about the meet in north london, we will be setting off at 3am or sooner if everyone has arrived.
so its important to contact me via pm with your phone number by saturday afternoon, if you don't and arrive at 3am, we might already have left for the starting point.
Last edited by agentpineapple on Fri May 17, 2013 11:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!