Bleeding eardrums!!

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
rex

Bleeding eardrums!!

Post by rex »

I have recently been given a pair of high rise Scorpion S/S cans.
They sound fantastic, but after setting off every car alarm I pass I'm starting to tire of the constant sonic BOOM!
Anyone any idea where I could get a decent re-packing kit for em??

rexxy roo :twisted:
firestorm_al
Site Admin

Post by firestorm_al »

Get some ear plugs. Re-packing won't make that much difference.
Teamslug

Loud

Post by Teamslug »

I have to agree with Al, i have ART end cans on my storm i have had them a while and i got them second hand so i thought they must be over due a repack, took em off and got em repacked and polished put them back on and ............ they sound err excactly the same (nice and shiny now though) maybe the note has changed a bit but not the noise level invest in some ear plugs and go faster you dont notice the noise as much :wink: :lol:
blackstorm

Post by blackstorm »

You could try Wolf baffle inserts for about £18.00 each side. I fitted them when I had a set of Micron race cans and found they kept the tone but reduced the volume to a slightly more acceptable level. They didnt efect performance and took about 10 mins to fit
rex

Post by rex »

Got to try summat before neighbours/fuzz start complaining!
Have heard Storms with race pipes before but mine really are LOUD!!
Where can I get hold of the Wolfe baffles fom? Think they'd fit? Mine are oval...

Thanks for the help anyway guys.
Will let you know if owt helps or I get nicked! :twisted:

rex
vtr-bad-boy

Post by vtr-bad-boy »

mines got carbon ones on,with no baffle inside (well,sounds like it aint) and wouldn't change them for quieter ones. but then again,i dont like my neighbours!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
stay low, move fast, trust no-one!!!
iggy1966

Post by iggy1966 »

if you want to cut the noise down on your cans try http://www.performanceracingparts.co.uk they sell "decibel killers" at about £15 pair, I don't have any experience of them but it may be worth a try.

Iggy
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
blackstorm

Post by blackstorm »

vtrjock

Post by vtrjock »

vtr-bad-boy wrote:mines got carbon ones on,with no baffle inside (well,sounds like it aint) and wouldn't change them for quieter ones. but then again,i dont like my neighbours!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Mmmmm....my neighbours are more bemused than amused...guy next door reckons it's like a scene from close encounters when the bike's warming up coz the letter box starts shaking on his front door.
Queiten em down, no way amigo!!
They don't mind their little sprog "eddie egos" roaring up and down in their Novas..so I'm afraid it's payback time.
Now I must write out a thousand times..."I must grow up"...."I must grow up"........etc :roll: