Brief bad fuelling after heavy braking from high speed

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
vardypeeps

Brief bad fuelling after heavy braking from high speed

Post by vardypeeps »

Anyone else had this issue with their VTR?

It may happen in other instances of heavy braking but the bike only seems to run on one cylinder for around 30secs and I'm certain it's a fuelling problem.

Before I start taking everything in bits I also tend to get backfiring back through the carb, sounds like air rather than a pop/bang from the exhaust and wondering if this might also be part of the bad fuelling?

Could a bad air seal between carb and intake or carb and air box cause these issues? If not would be a sticking float or something in the carb?

Really confused about this one :D

Thanks in advance
Rob
spikenipple

Re: Brief bad fuelling after heavy braking from high speed

Post by spikenipple »

I've had this following an emergency stop from 65-70mph when an RV decided to pull out without looking. It seemed to go away after 30 seconds, like yours. I can only guess what it could be :confused
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

http://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/te ... ues-19313/

The fix is mentioned here (i Can't access it as I've switched off Java on my puter). IIRC to stop it happening there's a pipe that runs through the carbs that get squeezed and needs to rerouted or sumfink.
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

ive had it once , relocated to offending overflow pipes and it hasn't happened since
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Yep that is the two overflow pipes that run through the holes from the sides in between the two carbs. You can either just pull them out from the holes and let them hang loose or just pull them out a bit so there is not such a sharp angle on them running through the hole. All you need to do is remove the airbox to gain access. :thumbup:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
vardypeeps

Post by vardypeeps »

Brilliant guys! Nice to see other people have had the same issue and it's a simple fix. Perfect!

Have fun and ride safe! :)