General Bike chat
seb421

New Toy

Post by seb421 »

Came today, just insured today hope the rain buggers off for tomorrow

ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
INSURANCE - MCE - Expires 12/04/2015 (Midnight)
ACCIDENT CALL - 0871 2227910
RAC - 0800 1977830 - 03_MCECAB90013033
agentpineapple

Re: New Toy

Post by agentpineapple »

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
have fun later today dude, take easy at first, it'll be a fair bit more powerful than your old mans blade...... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Oor err Looks very nice. As Marty said take it easy at first get to know it. You old man will want to borrow it now instead of taking the Blade out. :lol:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
seb421

Post by seb421 »

My main goal now is to get a car licence so i'm not using this in poor weather, as much as it sounds like an animal and looks nice you can tell its not a Honda as cliché as that sounds

touching things its feels far more delicate than the blade even though its only two kg dry weight lighter

the boot on the blade shuts with an almost rolls royce type thud and clunk to it it feels solid and robust yet light,

this feels flimsy and its grunts and squeaks when you polish anything other than the tank for the sake of a few kg thicker plastics would have been great, sure the 166 kg kudos pub bragging rights sound good but its definitely at a sacrifice

i'm going to bloody enjoy it tho :thumbup:

Need get Tanya a new helmet then we get some two up treks done in summer not had her on the back in years as i've had scorpions on and then the yoshimura
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
INSURANCE - MCE - Expires 12/04/2015 (Midnight)
ACCIDENT CALL - 0871 2227910
RAC - 0800 1977830 - 03_MCECAB90013033
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Congrats seb it looks very nice and clean .
Hope you enjoy it .
slower110

Post by slower110 »

Very nice indeed mate, get out and enjoy it :thumbup:

:)
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Looks bloody beautiful :thumbup: , look forward to your feedback after riding it :thumbup:
AMcQ
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Ssss alright I suppose, deff needs a new pipe, the modern designs of exhausts are hideous with all the eco crap we have to suffer these days !

I do like the colour coded plastic bag though ... :lol:

Have fun riding it when the sun makes it's appearance !
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Seb, I assume getting a Plastic shopping bag in the background of photo is a close stand in for a wheelie bin, as I doubt there was room in the garage to get one of them in as well :lol:

But you have missed the other requirement to get some dubious footware in the photos, so please get that error amended as soon as possible or I will have no option but to report this thread to the admin :lol:
AMcQ
Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

Looking good mate, enjoy :-)
Seeker 77

Post by Seeker 77 »

I've had 3 of them, having swapped in the SP1. Never looked back and they are far from flimsy. The engine is a peach and far more involving ride than any of the current crop of superbikes.

You will love it mate, and it will destroy the notion that IL4s have no torque!!
popkat

Post by popkat »

MacV2 wrote:Ssss alright I suppose, deff needs a new pipe, the modern designs of exhausts are hideous with all the eco crap we have to suffer these days !

The std pipe on them sounds pretty good and isn't too quiet (look good to imo) that model isn't stuffed with all the emmision stuff that stiffles more modern stuff, it has a cat in the can but it's not too restrictive. There can be a useful midrange boost if you put a race can on but its not necessarily needed.

It's not a flimsy bike but the paintwork is thin on the nose cone and undertray, they pick up stone chips really easily and frequently. the only way to keep the chips at bay is to fit Venturesheild or the motografix number boards to protect it. If your bike hasn't got many stone chips then the previous owner never rode with any mates, as when following other bikes is when most stone chips are picked up.
http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

seb421 wrote:Came today, just insured today hope the rain buggers off for tomorrow

looks the dogs that does mate.

where you off??? im going for a ride in about a hr or so, heading to j&s for starters and weigh it up from there :thumbup:
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
chi kung

Post by chi kung »

Very nice, I hope do a comparison thread if you get a chance.
lumpyv

Post by lumpyv »

looks very nice :thumbup: were I to get a gixxer a 750 is the one I would get.

are the indicators in the mirrors standard? they look a little chunky for a sports bike imho .

lovely bike though...
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.