what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
Virt

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by Virt »

Went out with my first proper pillion-ing experience. Not quite as fun :lol: also set the date for the stopper mod while helping my dad fix his headlights :thumbup:
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement
Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

Went for my first proper ride on the blade :D

I still have fcuk all confidence in the bends after my off 2 years ago, I think I need another few laps of Benny's private track.....can that be arranged please?

Anyway, I loved the feel of the bike, tried to open it up in 4th down this long straight and it hit 130 in no time, but felt as though the front was coming up so I backed off. It is quite uncomfortable compared to the VTR. Makes my neck ache as it feels as though the bars are that low im having to bend my neck back to see out of my visor properly.

I then spent about twice as long cleaning as I had done riding, including trying to clean the swing arm linkage thing with WD40 and a tooth brush. It is so hard to get to because of the exhaust heat shield. I was a little disappointed that I couldn't get the chain and sprocket any cleaner. I also took off a couple of the stickers and then took some photos afterward:

VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Beautiful bike Ziggy. :thumbup:

Marty has Just been and picked up the Two Brothers exhaust and headers. I went with him and took some pics when we got back to my house.

There's no not for road use markings or BS stamp so are totally legal. Shame there are no baffles to go with them for MOT purposes. He's got himself an absolute bargain. Looks like they are not quite high levels or standard but slightly upswept halfway between the standard and high levels.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

very nice and they will flow better than stock .
they will look great on the spondon bike :thumbup:
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Nice pipes, that was a fecking bargin :thumbup:
AMcQ
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

I can't wait to fit them to bike and have a listen. I think we will be taking the Scorpions of the bike that's been built at the moment and temporarily stick these on. They are stainless steel so fairly heavy but obviously lighter than standard cans. They feel really solid and well built. Interesting how it has the oval outlet. I wonder if/how that will affect the sound possibly.
Nice pipes, that was a fecking bargin
It's a steal. :thumbup:

Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

If the long side of the oval is wider than a standard circular hole, you will probably get quite a deep note from those. Bet it will be pretty loud without a baffle :D
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

thanks for the company on the journey carl, after last week getting stitched up on the high level carbon exhaust on ebay, i'm pleased to say karma must have played a part in this, £140 + £5 to join preloved....
for a full stainless steel two brothers system.... :eek2 :eek2 :eek2
as carl said they don't look like high levels, more mid level with a slight upswept effect, the cans are as long as carls arata's. the whole system is in vgc. all i could hear from the back of the cab on the return journey was.....i should have got these, this is such a bargain.....over and over again..... :lol: :lol: :lol:
looking forward to hearing them on the bike. i need to get 1 extra spring, i will probably buy a set of 5 tho.
off to bed now, a very happy bunny....... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
MikaelJ

Post by MikaelJ »

Wow that is a steal for those pipes nice catch. I think thats next on my list of things to get as I have heard that the two brothers headers will fit with any slip-on. I could be wrong about that though, could you measure the diameter of the pipes compared to stock ones as it would be nice to know for sure.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

all i could hear from the back of the cab on the return journey was.....i should have got these, this is such a bargain.....over and over again.....
Yes they wont be playing the pipes of peace and where giving me the horn. :lol:

agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

MikaelJ wrote:Wow that is a steal for those pipes nice catch. I think thats next on my list of things to get as I have heard that the two brothers headers will fit with any slip-on. I could be wrong about that though, could you measure the diameter of the pipes compared to stock ones as it would be nice to know for sure.
i just had a measure up for you.....50mm linkpipe external diameter.........which suggests 51mm inlet of the end cans.......which sounds about right.... :thumbup:
i hope this helps buddy.... :wink:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Chrish

Post by Chrish »

Rode it on track :D
Droped it :(
Fixed it 8)
Rode it again :D :D
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

Chrish wrote:Rode it on track :D
Fixed it 8)
just looked at the pictures, can't believe you had a dry day.... :lol:
those cans look nice.... :wink:
i like the way they angle in towards the rear.... :thumbup:
any problems with noise levels tho?
sounds like the storm had a tough day, being shared doesn't give much of a rest between sessions, just aswell you never had a third person in the fast group.... :lol:
did you lose any of your inters time fixing the bike, and finally, hows rossi/your lad after his off, my pride damaged than anything else.... :lol:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Chrish

Post by Chrish »

bigspanishmarty wrote:
Chrish wrote:Rode it on track :D
Fixed it 8)
just looked at the pictures, can't believe you had a dry day.... :lol:
those cans look nice.... :wink:
i like the way they angle in towards the rear.... :thumbup:
any problems with noise levels tho?
sounds like the storm had a tough day, being shared doesn't give much of a rest between sessions, just aswell you never had a third person in the fast group.... :lol:
did you lose any of your inters time fixing the bike, and finally, hows rossi/your lad after his off, my pride damaged than anything else.... :lol:
Cans are spot on :D and didn't get any damage when the bike went down :thumbup: they don't do a noise test at Anglesey so can't say for sure, they are nicely loud certainly hear them coming :lol:

The lad was fine thanks little bit of road rash on his new leathers, by some stroke of luck he landed on his knees so sliders have that real "knee down look" he's well pleased can't wait to show them off at Matlock, Devils etc :lol:
alternative_vtr

Post by alternative_vtr »

Love the look of your blade but I can't get on with them, I had a new blade in 2005 and it just killed my back and neck so much so I got rid of it when it was just 3 weeks old. I personally find Gixxers are more comfortable, had a few 750's and ridden a 600 and they are much better on the back, wrists and neck for me.
KTM Duke 690ABS in White