sad day

General Bike chat
VTRDark

Re: sad day

Post by VTRDark »

Good choice, very nice bike. Looking forward to one of your vids out riding it. :thumbup:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

nice one buddy, why don't you show us the bike at the monopoly run in may...... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
seb421

Post by seb421 »

DIGITAL FUEL INJECTION

Love it!

Good buy mate and looks great in blue as all bikes do naturally of course!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
INSURANCE - MCE - Expires 12/04/2015 (Midnight)
ACCIDENT CALL - 0871 2227910
RAC - 0800 1977830 - 03_MCECAB90013033
StormingHonda

Post by StormingHonda »

chi kung wrote:Thanks guys haven't had a chance to ride it hard yet due to sh1t weather. Will do a comparison when the weather gets better.
Dont go to the main dealer for a qoute on the service tho 8O These, Speed triples T509 and 955i, speed four, TT600 are the ones where they gotta remove or try to tilt the engines in the frame to get to the shims.

Around £600, go to a indie for a better qoute ( around £250 ) and make sure you ask them if they have worked on one of these before they give you a qoute.

Apart from that great bikes.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

If you need a cleaning rag I have some hanging up in the wardrobe.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

tony.mon wrote:If you need a cleaning rag I have some hanging up in the wardrobe.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
popkat

Post by popkat »

StormingHonda wrote:
chi kung wrote:Thanks guys haven't had a chance to ride it hard yet due to sh1t weather. Will do a comparison when the weather gets better.
Dont go to the main dealer for a qoute on the service tho 8O These, Speed triples T509 and 955i, speed four, TT600 are the ones where they gotta remove or try to tilt the engines in the frame to get to the shims.

Around £600, go to a indie for a better qoute ( around £250 ) and make sure you ask them if they have worked on one of these before they give you a qoute.

I had a speed four and when checking the valves it was as straight forward as any bike, no need to do anything with engine mounts or position. I've also never heard of anyone i know whose done valve checks on 595/955's having to tilt the engine, they're pretty easy to work on. Where do you get your info ?. The only thing thats not good for a home mechanic or small dealer/workshop is syncing the throttle bodies as i believe you need to plug in the triumph diagnostic tool (axone)
http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

tony.mon wrote:If you need a cleaning rag I have some hanging up in the wardrobe.
This may be a true statement by Mr Mon.

I have evidence that the whole 'GrainStorm Tony's Top Used as Oily Rag Scandal' may be a bit of typical tabloid hysteria.

Whilst doing some research on another scandal * I found photographic evidence that Mr T Mons hooped sweatshirt was already pre oil stained & therefore a legitimate item to be used for wiping mining mitts on.

For the whole Forum to see & witness, just above the left elbow when pulled up the shirt shows clear pre staining of an oily nature.
This pic has not been photoshopped or altered in any way as be clearly seen by the lack of glare from Jays chrome dome.

Rumour has it that said sweatshirt has since not been used to clean Mr Mons Yellow-ish Storm.

* The other GrainStorm scandal referenced to here remains as yet unsolved.
The ' GrainStorm Sandals Scandal' whereby a Forum member was guilty of wearing sandals with white socks is yet to be resolved with the perpetrator as yet going unidentified .

The files have been passed to the fashion police.

No witnesses have come forward despite a reward being offered.

The perp is staying very quiet.
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
StormingHonda

Post by StormingHonda »

popkat wrote:
StormingHonda wrote:

I had a speed four and when checking the valves it was as straight forward as any bike, no need to do anything with engine mounts or position. I've also never heard of anyone i know whose done valve checks on 595/955's having to tilt the engine, they're pretty easy to work on. Where do you get your info ?. The only thing thats not good for a home mechanic or small dealer/workshop is syncing the throttle bodies as i believe you need to plug in the triumph diagnostic tool (axone)
From Triumph and a Triumph mechanic, and from a few other people in the Triumph owners club, I usually service my own stuff and get a main service done every 2-3 years by a indie or dealer and after a bit of enquiring was told this was the reason Triumph give the main service 8 hours. man time.

Not saying your wrong, but this is what I was told.
StormingHonda

Post by StormingHonda »

Just as long as its not a pair pants I wont use anyone elses but mine to clean stuff with.
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Given that the majority of folk at Grainstorm were some of the biggest pisstakers known to mankind, I can't believe it wasn't picked up on the day! I suppose everybody was distracted by the bearded women and hairless men all with webbed fingers & toes, salivating over discarded biscuit wrappers.
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
BigVeeGrin

Post by BigVeeGrin »

Kev L wrote:Given that the majority of folk at Grainstorm were some of the biggest pisstakers known to mankind, I can't believe it wasn't picked up on the day! I suppose everybody was distracted by the bearded women and hairless men all with webbed fingers & toes, salivating over discarded biscuit wrappers.
:lol: :lol: Guess I was the exception that day. It is incredible how white sock wearing with sandals went unnoticed - good sleuthing Mac. What size feet? Maybe that might narrow it down a bit, evidence of toes?
chi kung

Post by chi kung »

StormingHonda wrote:

Its just had the big valve service before I purchased it. £700 it was ouch!

Still not rode it properly yet but I can say it feels enormous compared to the storm. My little legs are struggling.
StormingHonda

Post by StormingHonda »

chi kung wrote:
StormingHonda wrote:

Its just had the big valve service before I purchased it. £700 it was ouch!

Still not rode it properly yet but I can say it feels enormous compared to the storm. My little legs are struggling.
Bloody expensive to service arent they, this is why I sold my Speed four and speed triple, £600 yeah riiiiiiight im paying that.

The normal service was about £350, the newer ones are much cheaper to service apparently, I know Triumph got a lot of crap thrown at them over there servicing charges.

Apparently the older Triumphs were designed by an Italian who didnt care for how the bikes were going to be seviced and just designed them for performance, hence why they need so much man hours to do the servicing and changing the shims is the killer.
chi kung

Post by chi kung »

Bloody Triumph the rectifier has gone kaput. Why can't they make then like Japanese bikes oh wait.......