CCT's changed to manuals, now the occasional backfire

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
weasel

Re: CCT's changed to manuals, now the occasional backfire

Post by weasel »

Thanks everyone

I started the bike up last night and it didn't make that strange sound on startup (I'd say it's like a hollow metallic cough) and I ran the bike up to temperature. Then, at around 80 degrees c I turned the bike off and started again and then I get the cough sound, so I think like you say Woaty, things have expanded with the heat. I backed off the front tensioner a bit and this appears to have rectified that problem. I backed the rear off a little too.

I'm pretty confident now that it's all ok. There is still a background tick, but I still think I might be paying too much attention to this as it very faint, and as Cybercarl pointed out, manuals do sound different to the originals.

Cheers everyone,

Gav
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

I get the cough sound
When you say cough are you sure this is not just the carbs spitting back. I think you have got/had too issues going on here. The first is the manuals where a bit tight, and two, a bit of carb cough. If it is your carbs spitting back then don't worry about that for now that is a separate (tuning) issue. It's nothing to worry about and can be sorted at a later date. What is important, is that you have your CCTs done to the right tension. :thumbup:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
weasel

Post by weasel »

Carl,

I think I might have confused things by describing it as a cough. It's a difficult sound to describe, but it seems to be cured by slackening the front CCT

Cheers,

Gav
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

All good then :clap: :clap:

Now all we need is some nice weather. :thumbup:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
weasel

Post by weasel »

Nice weather, and new silencers!
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

weasel wrote:Nice weather, and no silencers!
That would do it, sho' nuff.....
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.