battery

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
marty b

battery

Post by marty b »

hi can anyone recomend a decent battery , my regulator has packed up , ive one on order but i think it may have knackered the battery as im having to jump start it every morning which is a bit of a pain at 6 in the morning :(
captainoi666

Re: battery

Post by captainoi666 »

Hi,
marty b wrote:hi can anyone recomend a decent battery , my regulator has packed up , ive one on order but i think it may have knackered the battery as im having to jump start it every morning which is a bit of a pain at 6 in the morning :(
I've had good experiences with Yuasa Batteries. For the Storm Yuasa YTX12-BS.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_trksi ... S&_sacat=0

Buk
tattoo

Post by tattoo »

motobatt...4 terminals...2 main and 2 extra for anything you wish to connect to it...had one on for 2yrs now and haven't had a problem starting,even in freezing conditions...highly recommended
bazza696

Post by bazza696 »

tattoo wrote:motobatt...4 terminals...2 main and 2 extra for anything you wish to connect to it...had one on for 2yrs now and haven't had a problem starting,even in freezing conditions...highly recommended
got the same battery on mine, think 14 Ah and not needted to charge it over the winter, and still turns the bike over for many minutes until running after the bike has been sitting for a few weeks.

the old 10 Ah battery would have gone dead much sooner.
popkat

Post by popkat »

If you have to turn the bike over for many minutes after it sat for a few weeks then you've got problems. 1 it won't do the starter or the starter clutch any good, 2 low compression would cause a lack of willingness to start after a couple of weeks idle.
http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s
marty b

Post by marty b »

Thanks guys il av to av a look on the interweb see if i can get a good deal :thumbup: , oh yea just put a set of pilot 3s on , wow what a difference transformed the bike :P
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

motobatt, the big yellow beasty, i hadn't started mine for 4 weeks, its been left outside in the freezing cold, it started on the button first time, top top battery, if you get the slightly bigger one, just remember you will need to take off the lid/top cover as space will be tight...
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
marty b

Post by marty b »

Does it still fit in the tray :?: :?: , dont wana get one and av grief fitting it :biggrin
thumperslaw

Post by thumperslaw »

Had moto batt for last couple of yours and its top notch
Can't fault it
98 storm with goodies!

Srad seven fiddy stuntbike

K100 "flying brick"

R.I.P engine number 5
marty b

Post by marty b »

cheers guys looks like il be going for the yellow beasty :D
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

it fits fine mate, but the lid won't close, but you don't need the lid, normally just under £50 have a good hunt around on the web, don't just look on ebay, look all over.... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
weasel

Post by weasel »

captainoi666 wrote:Hi,
marty b wrote:hi can anyone recomend a decent battery , my regulator has packed up , ive one on order but i think it may have knackered the battery as im having to jump start it every morning which is a bit of a pain at 6 in the morning :(
I've had good experiences with Yuasa Batteries. For the Storm Yuasa YTX12-BS.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_trksi ... S&_sacat=0

Buk

Hi, do you know if this battery is good for a 2003 Storm? My battery is definitely not playing ball lately.....

Gav
tattoo

Post by tattoo »

if yours is a YTX12BS you want a MBTX12U and if it's a YTX9BS you want a MBTX9U in mottobatt battery
marty b

Post by marty b »

battery and r/r fitted them little screws for the battery are fiddly when youve got sausages for fingers ......fingers crossed it starts on its own tmrw morning ..........thanks again for the advice :D :D :thumbup:
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

you should be good for some time to come fella..... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!