I've Gone Deaf

General Biker Banter
BigVeeGrin

Re: I've Gone Deaf

Post by BigVeeGrin »

lloydie

Post by lloydie »

sirch345 wrote:There seems to be a lot of things going around just lately, get well soon Carl,

Chris.
+1 WHAT I CANT HEAR YOU :shh:
Virt

Post by Virt »

Been a couple of days, how you feeling now?
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

Virt wrote:Been a couple of days, how you feeling now?
i've told carlos to man up and get over to mine and restart the rebuilding of my bike..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Well guys it's still blocked. Had olive oil and cotton wool in the ear over last couple of days and there's a bit of movement, crackling in the ear so that's a good sign. I have a feeling the ear canal may be a bit swollen from the flu. No pain in the ear any more and the rest of my flu symptomes are loads better.

Gonna give it until the weekend and if it hasn't cleared up by then I shall be going to the docs so they can check the ear canal out. They may try to give me some antibiotics for the flu, but considering I'm over the worst of it, I'd rather not go down that route. I'd rather my immune system fight it and build up some resistance. If they discover I have an ear infection and want to give me something for that, then that will be OK.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
alternative_vtr

Post by alternative_vtr »

Get to the Drs, I am struggling with an ear issue at the moment and it don't help putting it off, if it's like my Drs it takes ages to get an appointment from when you phone so get it sorted :)
KTM Duke 690ABS in White
lumpyv

Post by lumpyv »

funny things ears, about a week ago i got out of bed and started staggering to the left. felt like it whenever i looked down then looked up again.after searching the net i decided i had bppv ( Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo)

the cure is something called "the epley manouvre" my missus is a nurse and had heard of it and had seen it done. a quick look on youtube and 20 minutes later i was cured. Amazing !!

its a bit like having your head re-callibrated.

probably wont help carls deafness but my loss of balance was cured just like that :clap:
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

funny things ears, about a week ago i got out of bed and started staggering to the left. felt like it whenever i looked down then looked up again.after searching the net i decided i had bppv ( Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo)
I thought that was called still pissed. :lol: :lol: I hope your allright mate, I will have to google that one in a minute.

I had a brief break earlier on. Sitting down watching TV and felt a tickling sensation in the ear so turned my head to the side and could feel it oozing along my ear canal. Some crap leaked out and I got some muted hearing back :) A little while later it went dull and deaf again :( I've got some more olive oil in the ear for the night, but it appears to be doing the trick.

BigVeeGrin

Post by BigVeeGrin »

Sounds like something is happening so slow & steady may be best rather than a quick fix then Carl. I was always amazed how draining ear and tooth aches & pproblems are, guess due to depriving you of proper rest. Fingers crossed for you
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

you'll be able to have a fry up with the amount of oil your using carlos :sick:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
BigVeeGrin

Post by BigVeeGrin »

bigspanishmarty wrote:you'll be able to have a fry up with the amount of oil your using carlos :sick:
Oh please! He could stick a string in as and light himself like a candle and draw it out like that?
lumpyv

Post by lumpyv »

cybercarl wrote:
I thought that was called still pissed. :lol: :lol: I hope your allright mate, I will have to google that one in a minute.

I had a brief break earlier on. Sitting down watching TV and felt a tickling sensation in the ear so turned my head to the side and could feel it oozing along my ear canal. Some crap leaked out and I got some muted hearing back :) A little while later it went dull and deaf again :( I've got some more olive oil in the ear for the night, but it appears to be doing the trick.

that's exactly what it felt like :lol: :lol: coulnd,nt have ridden the bike like it though :roll: :roll:
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.
MacKrell17

Post by MacKrell17 »

Cyberman hope you're feeling better. If not would really recommend going to the docs. I am losing the hearing in my left ear and have constant ringing. It is sh1t.
My hearing has been deteriorating for a few years and the doc reckons goes back to an accident I had as a kid. However, the constant ringing is most likely due in part my own attempts at cleaning my ears .... Which I was doing because I couldn't hear very well. So it was a bit sh1t and I then made it REALLY sh1t!

Ears are delicate things so I would reckon getting them checked out by a pro is the best idea.

The only bright side is that I can now ignore the missus and claim I didn't hear her... And then I get sympathy :thumbup:
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

I am losing the hearing in my left ear and have constant ringing. It is sh1t.
Tinnitus, that's not nice. I have a mate who used to work in the music industry that suffers from that. He ca't stand silence because all he hears is the ringing in his ear :eek2

Well folks a bit more hearing coming back today. Seems to be improving by the day now so all good. I'm gonna book an appointment with the docs anyway as a precaution and get them syringed by the nurse :erection: properly. :thumbup:

VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Hey folks just to finalise this one off.

Rang the docs up yesterday morning and they could not see me until next Month 8O what a joke that is. So anyway went down a local walk in clinic thing, they took a look and booked me in for this morning. Just got back from having my ear syringed. Instant relief. :D Ear is still a little sore from where it is slightly inflamed but nothing to worry about and should heel up in the next few days.

All's well that ends well. :thumbup: