frame sliders/crash bungs

General Bike chat
freakdazzer

frame sliders/crash bungs

Post by freakdazzer »

hi everybody :thumbup:
Looking into getting crash bungs/sliders for my vtr,was looking at getting these am sure another member had these on there bike and put a picture up(http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/High-Impact-N ... 27ca2d3101) want these as you dont have to cut the fairing and i think they sit forward on the engine mount so you dont bash your knees,otherwise thinking on the puig ones you can get.whats the best ones? pictures and info most welcome
adyf

Re: frame sliders/crash bungs

Post by adyf »

they look well smart and ssstrong if the write up is true,can't work out where they mount though,mine used engine to frame bolt ,but i am 6'2inch inside leg 32inch and my knee sliders used to hit them so much i took them off,god they got on my tits,thighs ached on long trips ,just a thought if in same place asb mine and under 6 ft should be no bother ,may sell mine if you want 20 quid ,computer hater don't know how to download photos ,hence no avatar!pm me mate if interested.cheerz ady f
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

can't work out where they mount though
I think they mount on the frame just above the fairing. The part of the frame where you put your hand through to adjust idle speed by the plastic cowl!

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
adyf

Post by adyf »

Had loads of pm's about frame sliders for sale now sold,have some faith in your riding ability,if you need these sliders the sh1t has already hit the fan unless your surnames Rossi that is.wombles to the bike I' ll be looking for somewhere soft to land and have a bit of a lay down.then al little cry and find something to kick really hard.cheerz ady f.
freakdazzer

Post by freakdazzer »

cheers for the replies guys anymore keep them coming,i defo would do more than cry if i spilt it down the road,after all its my baby :p
Flatline

Post by Flatline »

Those are made of aluminium, not sure how good they would be sliding down the road

Take a look at these, and they are in uk

http://www.bikehps.com/acatalog/Honda_V ... ctors.html
freakdazzer

Post by freakdazzer »

any thoughts on the puig crash bungs (anygood,any pictures,where they sit on the frame) on ebay
ernie234

Post by ernie234 »

i just ordered these High Impact NO CUT Frame Sliders Honda VTR 1000 F Firestorm Superhawk 50 pounds all in can't waite to get um and fit um.
chric

Post by chric »

from where pictures when done please aswell :thumbup:
Ill never be a sell out storm forever
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

+1
just ordered these High Impact NO CUT Frame Sliders Honda VTR 1000 F Firestorm Superhawk 50 pounds all in can't waite to get um and fit um.
That's a very good price. :thumbup:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
freakdazzer

Post by freakdazzer »

ernie234 wrote:i just ordered these High Impact NO CUT Frame Sliders Honda VTR 1000 F Firestorm Superhawk 50 pounds all in can't waite to get um and fit um.
hi have just got mine through,have you fitted yours yet if so where do they go and got any pics ta