Urm, greetings.

New here? Come in and introduce yourself
VTRDark

Re: Urm, greetings.

Post by VTRDark »

There's various option out there and it can cost anything from £80 to over £200. Hyperpro do a progressive spring kit which includes everything http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hyperpro-Prog ... 2a26595200 or you may want to go down the weight related Linear springs.

There's a thread here on fork oil replacement http://www.vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic ... rk+springs

and heres one on springs http://www.vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic ... rk+springs

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
Virt

Post by Virt »

Thanks, plenty of stuff to consider :) Just gotta hope I can find the money to do this sorta thing
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

welcome to the waiting list for the club :thumbup:

you clearly have good taste if you choose a yellow one, you can see the petty jelousy that it brings out in others who has to settle for something more bland
AMcQ
Virt

Post by Virt »

AMCQ46 wrote:welcome to the waiting list for the club :thumbup:

you clearly have good taste if you choose a yellow one, you can see the petty jelousy that it brings out in others who has to settle for something more bland
Well my current bike is yellow, and some of my gear has yellow on it sooo.. Somewhat forced into getting a yellow one, even though it is the nicest stock colour :D
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

welcome to the forum virt, forks are soft, clutch isn't really a problem unless your on the drag strip, deffo sort out the cct's, in about 4 months time we can expect to hear lots of sob stories, spring is a bad time of year for it, don't be one of them, also check out your r/r and make sure its the newer finned version. other than that take it easy to begin with and have fun..... :thumbup:
and check out sebs repsol bike, with chinese fairings, very nice indeed... :wink:
Last edited by agentpineapple on Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Virt

Post by Virt »

bigspanishmarty wrote:welcome to the forum virt, forks are soft, clutch jsn't really a problem unless your on the drag strip, deffo sort out the cct's, in about 4 months time we can expect to hear lots of sob stories, spring is a bad time of year for it, don't be one of them, also check out your r/r and make sure its the newer finned version. other than that take it easy to begin with and have fun..... :thumbup:
and check out sebs repsol bike, with chinese fairings, very nice indeed... :wink:
Thanks :) I won't be riding it in Spring though so there's no chance of that :D Gotta wait until I get a years no claims' before riding it.. I'm much more inclined to pay £550 fully comp than £9000 third party. What's the r/r?
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

regulator/rectifier....the older flat versions can over heat and screw your battery up, its bolted to the o/s of the rear subframe, easy to check and replace... :thumbup:
you want the one on the left.... :wink:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Virt

Post by Virt »

Oh okay, thanks. I'll have to ask if it's been done when I go to collect it then incase, s'always nice to save time and effort.

Also, don't chinese fairings melt or something because they don't have the same protective covering from the heat? I found some really nice American ones but they say RVT rather than VTR... I'm just fussy
Virt

Post by Virt »

Just received an e-mail.. The seller sold the bike despite my deposit and them saying they'd keep it.. Should be getting the £50 back so it's all good.. :/ Bugger.
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

great news now you can look for a black one :thumbup:
Virt

Post by Virt »

Haha, depends if I can fit any of decent quality within my budget :P Can't find many black ones, let alone fairly cheaply :(
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Virt wrote:Haha, depends if I can fit any of decent quality within my budget :P Can't find many black ones, let alone fairly cheaply :(
check the sales section and put a wanted post up :thumbup:
Virt

Post by Virt »

lloydiecbr wrote:
Virt wrote:Haha, depends if I can fit any of decent quality within my budget :P Can't find many black ones, let alone fairly cheaply :(
check the sales section and put a wanted post up :thumbup:
I've checked but the majority of the for sale ones just stopped being commented on ages ago and there isn't information on whether they've been sold or not :P I'm probably going to wait a little bit before searching again. Don't know when I'll receive all my funds or how much I'm receiving, so it'll be better to wait until I have, so I can set a budget properly :)
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

when you do look for one look for the best condition one you can afford .
as it will save you from having to spend on thing you shouldn't need to .

any colour firestorm it don't matter but if you know the colour you want .
and are willing to travel for the right bike that will help you to get a good one .

low mileage is good too :lol:
Virt

Post by Virt »

Yeah, I'm being rather optimistic and looking at 10-20k miles, that way a lot of the problems should have been solved.. Else I'm screwed and they'll break taking it home D:

Colour isn't a huge concern, I'd like one that looks really nice.. Like yellow :P Although since I'll stick aftermarket fairings on it eventually it doesn't really matter, and I have 9 months between buying it and riding it to strip and clean everything and sort out any issues that may crop up :)