music of choice whilst riding

General Biker Banter
agentpineapple

music of choice whilst riding

Post by agentpineapple »

not everyones cup of tea but a few years back i used to ride whilst listerning to music, and there was always a couple of songs that got the juices flowing, one of them was firestarter by the prodigy another was back to black by ac/dc
whats your song of choice.....?
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
freakdazzer

Re: music of choice whilst riding

Post by freakdazzer »

DEFO FIRESTARTER ALSO THE TUNE FROM BLADE THE FILM,THINK IT WAS CALLED OPERATION BLADE, AWESOME TRACK
gl_s_r

Post by gl_s_r »

Early Prodigy and any dance music from that era.. how many times I got myself into some silly places and silly speeds listening to that I don't know. It just seemed to happen and ramped everything up when I was riding. Made myself stop listening to it as I thought it made me dangerous more than anything else. :crazy:
Why ask... sometime you just go to do it and find out?
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Trivium . Masterdon . Do it for me :-)
Jazzscot

Post by Jazzscot »

I always find highway to hell and thunderstruck makes the speedo increase a little bit. I have to say Im not a rock child but I do like a little bit of everything.
Everything good is bad
Everything bad is good
Jazzscot

Post by Jazzscot »

Not meaning to go off topic but had to listen to thunderstruck there and one of the recommended vids on the right was my current fav advert.

Inspiration to all of us largers blokes. Who gives a feck what others think of you.

http://www.youtube.com/user/southerncom ... geWsoYYMuQ
Everything good is bad
Everything bad is good
alternative_vtr

Post by alternative_vtr »

Not keen on music while riding, it influences your decisions badly and numbs your senses - obviously sound. I like to just hear the engine and what is going off around me. I am not keen in the car either for same reasons.
KTM Duke 690ABS in White
popkat

Post by popkat »

bigspanishmarty wrote: back to black by ac/dc
Didn't know ac/dc made the stuff to make your engine and bare plastics shiney :lol: do you mean Back in Black
http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s
popkat

Post by popkat »

Don't really listen to music while riding but i have don'e it, last time i was listening to Metallica on a ride on my XJ and found myself scraping the pegs on most corners, maybe something a little slower for a relaxed ride :biggrin

When i used to despatch ride i had a boss who rode a fully dressed goldwing, Dave Wolf was his name, must have been pushing 25stone and a big hairy biker, he always had ABBA on the stereo when riding...nobody dared take the piss :eek2
http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s
grumpyfrog

Post by grumpyfrog »

That 'comfort' ad is pure class. So simple. Can't touch the stuff due to over indulgence.
Rock screws with the mind if on bike or in car.. Anyone listening to radio 2 on Friday night on the roads can see the effects when ac.dc etc comes on..
A different line is The blind boys of Alabama. Chilled with good beats. Nice when out in the sticks.
Don't hassle me
I'll get there at some time
geodude

Post by geodude »

I can't listen to music when riding. Anything that has the ability to take my attention away from the important task of riding is far too dangerous for me.

Riding my bike along the seafront on a hot sunny day is also extremely dangerous.
“Only by constantly developing your insight and knowledge can you fulfil your responsibility to ride safely and effectively”
“He who rides fastest, rides alone!"
YouTube Website Facebook Bike accessories
motostorm

Post by motostorm »

vtwin with race cans :D :thumbup:
its not the dog in the fight its the fight in the dog
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

I haven't listened to music on a motorbike in years, but find it very interesting how different styles of music can effect the mood and the way one rides and their attention span. Some music is distracting and makes one ride like a loon and some will be calm and tranquil and have the opposite effect. Listening to music is like taking drugs, there are uppers and downers and it should be used as a tool.

I would love to get some headphones sorted out inside my lid so I can plug my iPod in for those longer boring motorway journeys. My preference of music would be depending on what mood I was in but more often than not would be Trance/Dance on the bike, but nothing to racey or I will get over excited and start racing. Charlie says a bit of early prodigy would be good for me too. :biggrin How about a bit of Danger Zone from Top Gun that would get the adrenaline going. :thumbup:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
johnfish

Post by johnfish »

My dear new friends, give this a go: http://soundcloud.com/fish-disco

These are 2 trance/old skool mixes I did back in the 90s ON VINYL. They are digitally remastered and free for all to download and enjoy... 8)
geodude

Post by geodude »

johnfish wrote:My dear new friends, give this a go: http://soundcloud.com/fish-disco

These are 2 trance/old skool mixes I did back in the 90s ON VINYL. They are digitally remastered and free for all to download and enjoy... 8)
Nice one John. What's that, a couple of 1210s or a sampling set up (or both)?

I skipped straight to the transitions :thumbup:
“Only by constantly developing your insight and knowledge can you fulfil your responsibility to ride safely and effectively”
“He who rides fastest, rides alone!"
YouTube Website Facebook Bike accessories