General Bike chat
YETI

Re: Poor Condition

Post by YETI »

just thought i would post this up ,
I contacted MORIWAKI ENGINEERING the other day ,
and although this doesnt prove or disprove anything,
it does say alot to me personally.

shortened transcript of email from MORIWAKI employee .

Thank you for the photos ,( i sent them some photos of my stage 2 bike :thumbup: )
REVOLUTION UK is not our importer but our proud representative in the UK,
if you will .
MR ROGER DITCHFIELD shared with us the core part of our engineering skills
especially for the VTR1000F .
We have great resect for him , and those who understand his professional
engineering levels
please say hi to roger @ revolution if you had a chance .

BEST REGARD
employee
MORIWAKI ENGINEERING CO.,LTD JAPAN .

YETI..
MJONESY

Post by MJONESY »

I am not keen on threads like this, it is not a popularity contest and should not be turned into one (no offence meant to anyone) the way i see it is this is a dispute with what is considered to be a reputable business and its customer, there are various courses of mediation they can take for example trading standards, small claims court, and god knows who else but VTR1000.org really should not be one of them, I really dont think it should be on a public forum. unfortunately by continuing to air your grievances here your both only likely to damage your own reputations. just my humble opinion :Beer Popcorn:
Last edited by MJONESY on Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

I concur
MJONESY wrote:I am not keen on threads like this, it is not a popularity contest and should not be turned into one (no offence meant to anyone) the way i see it is this is a dispute with what is considered to be a reputable business and its customer, there are various courses of mediation they can take for example trading standards, small claims court, and god knows who else but VTR1000.org really should not be one of them, I really dont think it should not be on a public forum. unfortunately by continuing to air your grievances here your both only likely to damage your own reputations. just my humble opinion :Beer Popcorn:
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Who'd have thought such wisdom could come out of Welsh Wales? Thoroughly agree matey. :thumbup:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

MJONESY wrote:I am not keen on threads like this, it is not a popularity contest and should not be turned into one (no offence meant to anyone) the way i see it is this is a dispute with what is considered to be a reputable business and its customer, there are various courses of mediation they can take for example trading standards, small claims court, and god knows who else but VTR1000.org really should not be one of them, I really dont think it should be on a public forum. unfortunately by continuing to air your grievances here your both only likely to damage your own reputations. just my humble opinion :Beer Popcorn:
well put :thumbup:
seb421

Post by seb421 »

MJONESY wrote:I am not keen on threads like this, it is not a popularity contest and should not be turned into one (no offence meant to anyone) the way i see it is this is a dispute with what is considered to be a reputable business and its customer, there are various courses of mediation they can take for example trading standards, small claims court, and god knows who else but VTR1000.org really should not be one of them, I really dont think it should be on a public forum. unfortunately by continuing to air your grievances here your both only likely to damage your own reputations. just my humble opinion :Beer Popcorn:
I agree with what you said mate It's a shame it came to this but let's not forget he didn't drop the name himself to start with, along the way the name cropped up in a post by another user but I don't think this was his intention

he came here posting for advice with regards to what one would do faced with the situation he found himself in.

And if I was in his position pulling my hair out and seriously out of pocket with bugger all to show for it I would be doing the same thing as i expect most others would too,

We even have a section on the site for dodgy dealers, poor / good service etc....

I hope it gets sorted soon for both their sakes, enough muck thrown can stick!

Had it been Mr Mon in this situation given he knows his eggs every one would have backed him to the moon and back
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
INSURANCE - MCE - Expires 12/04/2015 (Midnight)
ACCIDENT CALL - 0871 2227910
RAC - 0800 1977830 - 03_MCECAB90013033
BigVeeGrin

Post by BigVeeGrin »

Agree about how this came about etc. If we didn't support Mr Mon to the moon and back, only there, guess he'd be the Mon on the Moon :oops:
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

the Mon on the Moon
:lol: :lol: :lol: PMSL :clap: :clap: :clap:

It's so nice to see a bit of light humour on here. :thumbup:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
pariah

Post by pariah »

[quote="cybercarl"]:lol:

It sickens me some of the stories I hear about garages, and the thing is because the person who has taken their vehicle there hasn't a clue, they get ripped off. A garage can say it was this or that and 9 times out of 10 the person will just tell them to fix it. How often does someone get a second or third opinion once the fear/worry factor has been planted.

Morale of the story never trust a garage
Sorry carl but had to post this :Ball Kick:

:think: :think: :think: :think: :think: :think: :think:
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

I agree with MJONSEY, and I made the same point much earlier in the thread [just not as well articulated]. and as it was me who added Rogers name to the thread I feel responsible for turning this from a hypotetical discussion into a personal popularity contest.

It is best left between the 2 parties to work through this behind closed doors, we dont know all the detail and we add no value by taking sides
AMcQ
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

It sickens me some of the stories I hear about garages, and the thing is because the person who has taken their vehicle there hasn't a clue, they get ripped off. A garage can say it was this or that and 9 times out of 10 the person will just tell them to fix it. How often does someone get a second or third opinion once the fear/worry factor has been planted.

Morale of the story never trust a garage
:wtf: Where's that been pulled from it's not in this thread. I have just been back through all my posts in this thread to see what context that was said in.

Anyway I stand by my words as there are many dodgy garages/mechanics out there. And if someone who has no clue about vehicles or mechanics they can get taken advantage off. I have had it with friends and I have also had it with my mother. Strangely enough it seems to happen to woman more often. I'm not saying all garages/mechanics are like this as there are also many good ones with an extremely good reputation and come highly recommended.

And yes 9 times out of 10 a garage will say well this needs fixing or this is what is at fault without giving a full explanation as to why (especially if the intention is to rip them off) as they realise there is no point trying to explain something they don't understand or they would not be there in the first place and sometimes this can confuse things more.

Lots of people don't bother with getting a second or third opinion until it all goes tits up. How many times have you heard this on Watchdog. "did you get a second or third opinion/quote" and the answer is often something along the lines off "No as he was such a lovely gentleman" especially if they have been told that something needs doing ASAP as it's dangerous as it stands.

This has nothing to do with Revolution or Roger. I have a feeling that text may have been a posted under dodgy dealers where someone had a bad experience or something and was warning others.

It seems to me by posting this you are just sh1t stirring and adding fuel to the fire. This is not going to do you any favours at all as that text is out of context and misleading people. It also comes across as if you trying to make me look bad.

You are either full of sh1t or have taken so many pain killers that your judgement is clouded.

pariah

Post by pariah »

No carl, the point i,m making is that I agree with what you said. I know only to well what goes on behinde cloed doors. I spent most of my life in the accident repair indusrtry .Due to my past involvment with repair work, when I decide who to intrust my bike or car to I always go with recomendations of other users and owners who have used there services for what ever reason.

Thats why i,m so angry about this. It,s to show how people change there minds at the drop of a hat when armed with only half the info. It has nothing to with popularity it,s about whats right and whats wrong.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Found it. Here is the original thread where that was quoted from http://www.vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic ... or#p223542

OK I may have jumped in there a bit fast and took it as a personnel attack :oops: The meaning behind it wasn't very clear. As has been said previously this needs to be left now as it's just going around in circles and not doing anyone any favours.

My advice to you is as I have said previously is to use a non bias third party mediator. Preferable a legal one.

Jazzscot

Post by Jazzscot »

Ok time to step in here and lock this topic down.

Jazz
Everything good is bad
Everything bad is good