New Here

New here? Come in and introduce yourself
NHSH

Re: New Here

Post by NHSH »

Thanks Guy's,
BTW, if you didn't notice, both wheels are from CBR1000RR 08-11, the rear wheel I measures exactly 2.5 kilos lighter then the storm rear wheel, the front wheel by itself I'm not sure, but the entire front end is significantly lighter, there are also couple Ducati parts from an ST3 on the bike, I wonder if anyone can recognize them :), Oh, and if anyone wonders why I have a second kill switch on the left handle bar, it is actually acting as a kill switch for the HID projector head light
You never see a motorcycle parked in front of a psychiatrists for psycho therapy. All I need is cycle therapy
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

:idea: what did you have to do to get the rear wheel to fit ?
NHSH

Post by NHSH »

I used the CBR hub, axle and spacers that came with the wheel. I had to drill the swing arm a bit to 25mm axle size, I also drilled the OEM caliper to size and as for the rotor, had to flip it back words to fit in the caliper, so it was an easy fit. Before I went for this mod, I was worried at first that there is not enough material on the swing arm and that it will weaken from the drilling, but I did some calculations and it seems very strong even after removing some material, all though I do want to follow up on the brace mod, which will have additional support on that section of the swing arm besides the main function. In any case it works well and the alignment is perfect.
You never see a motorcycle parked in front of a psychiatrists for psycho therapy. All I need is cycle therapy
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

NHSH wrote:I used the CBR hub, axle and spacers that came with the wheel. I had to drill the swing arm a bit to 25mm axle size, I also drilled the OEM caliper to size and as for the rotor, had to flip it back words to fit in the caliper, so it was an easy fit. Before I went for this mod, I was worried at first that there is not enough material on the swing arm and that it will weaken from the drilling, but I did some calculations and it seems very strong even after removing some material, all though I do want to follow up on the brace mod, which will have additional support on that section of the swing arm besides the main function. In any case it works well and the alignment is perfect.
did you change the spacers ?
sorry for the questions but it is a modification i want to do in a year or two.
yours looks great btw :thumbup:
NHSH

Post by NHSH »

Thanks Lloyd,
The spacers came with the CBR wheel, i used them without cutting or anything like that, almost a bolt on, beside drilling the arm and the caliper bracket, very easy mod. All though not the most cost effective, unless you get a good deal on the wheels.
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

NHSH wrote:Thanks Lloyd,
The spacers came with the CBR wheel, i used them without cutting or anything like that, almost a bolt on, beside drilling the arm and the caliper bracket, very easy mod. All though not the most cost effective, unless you get a good deal on the wheels.
thank you :thumbup:
you've been a big help :clap:
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Welcome aboard NHSH :thumbup: A very clean and tidy bike you have there 8)

Chris.
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Just noticed you have a projector head light
Come on what's your list of mods ?
NHSH

Post by NHSH »

lloydiecbr wrote:Just noticed you have a projector head light
Come on what's your list of mods ?
Hmmm, yea, the projector light is a Morimoto kit, if you do want to get it that would be the best place: http://www.theretrofitsource.com/produc ... cts_id=927
Not sure how they can work it out with UK, but you may as well check on with them, truly great people and very helpful, the projector is absolutely the best you can get anywhere, for more instruction and general know how also look at this link on the US forum, you will find it very helpfull: http://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/mo ... ion-27804/

Here is the complete list:
- Morimoto Projector head light as you already know
- 07 CBR1000RR complete front end
- Tapered head bearings
- Added my own brackets for the radiators to shift them back due to the CBR front installtion
- Added brackets and moved the oil radiator down by 2cm to clear teh wire harness and other
- Cut the front farings to fit the new front
- 09 CBR1000RR front wheel and rotors
- 09 CBR1000RR rear wheel and rotor
- Clip Ons bars by Paolo Tarozzi and the risers are from Ducati ST3 (I was hoping someone could guess it)
- Lower fairing was part of a cracked ST3 front upper fairing that I put together with some fiberglass
- Auxilliary led lights under the front fairing 500 lumis each
- Rear shock bushing added on top to get the rear higher due to my height
- Additional starter/kill switch on the left bar used for projector light kill switch
- 07 CBR1000RR Kick stand(side stand). Replaced due to the poor flex design of the solid metal Kick stand and natural tendency of the VTR to leans too much plus the higher set up makes it even worse, the CBR kick stand with tubular design lighter, stronger, bit wider footprint and longer by 1 inch makes a perfect bolt on fix that I came up with!
- 520 Chain and sprockets, front and rear sprockets by Superlite ratio front 15 to rear 45 and I love it to my style of riding!
- Suzuki heavy bar ends for added stability of the front end
- Lighter footpegs, Had these for a while from another project bike, superlight and fitted perfectly, don't know from what bike though
- EBC HH brake pads
- Cut the mud guard and now the number plate is the mud guard :)
- MRA windshield touring version cut 2 inches down
- Longer mirrors, can't remember what manufacturer, but they working great, no vibrations and very stable.
- Front fender OEM fitted by me to the new CBR1000RR front, a little hit gun work and couple spacers and brackets
- Oh and I rebuild the forks and the brake calipers as well, they came to me in a very bad shape, I also rebuild the master cylinder, but never used it

I think I covered it all so far, more is coming, but that will have to be later, I have a long list for that as well............... I guess sense I already have the list here, I may as well just add to this thread every time I add stuff :)
Last edited by NHSH on Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
NHSH

Post by NHSH »

sirch345 wrote:Welcome aboard NHSH :thumbup: A very clean and tidy bike you have there 8)

Chris.
Thanks Chris :)
seb421

Post by seb421 »

hello and welcomes

can we get some pics up of this beauty, been wanting a lighter rear wheel on the 'cheep' for donkeys

Can we get some pics of the wheel and work carried out

than you very much

:thumbup:
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
INSURANCE - MCE - Expires 12/04/2015 (Midnight)
ACCIDENT CALL - 0871 2227910
RAC - 0800 1977830 - 03_MCECAB90013033
NHSH

Post by NHSH »

seb421 wrote:hello and welcomes

can we get some pics up of this beauty, been wanting a lighter rear wheel on the 'cheep' for donkeys

Can we get some pics of the wheel and work carried out

than you very much

:thumbup:
I don't have pictures of the process, as it was relatively fast and noting crazy, about an hour to complete. I think I do have some close up pictures, I will check and post them with some explanation.