All things Dynojet

General Bike chat
Dandare2

All things Dynojet

Post by Dandare2 »

Need a bit of advice concerning fitting a DynoJet+K&N....

I put a pair of Scorpion pipes on last summer and I think they have knocked the fueling out a bit, fuel consumption is even worst, power down, etc...

Does anyone know dyno companies who are particularly good with Firestorms?
blackstorm

Post by blackstorm »

Not sure what area your in Dan but if it helps TTS at Silverstone in Northamtonshire have done all the work on my bike with excellent results.
steve

Post by steve »

hi, i've got scorpion cans on mine too. Fitted a k+n and dynojet kit last summer. Worked quite well, but, to be honest if the only reason your thinking of fitting them is to get the fueuling right i wouldn't bother. The scorpions on there own make the vtr run right, there a bit rich as standard. Fitting the k+n, and dynojet kit does improve the midrange, and it seems to hold on to the power a little longer at the top. mine now makes 107bhp at the wheel, and is a 2000 model. I hope this helps. You asked for some good dyno's, but haven't said where! I know of a few round here, not all good though.

steve
steve
Robbe

Post by Robbe »

If your oop north around lancashire, then speak to Roger @ Revolution.
He's the oracle of all things Firestorm
Mines got a D/J & K+N fitted, its now running on Mig high level carbons.
When it was stuck on the dyno last year it put out 108bhp on standard cans but was running pretty rich(enuf to choke ppl in the dyno room :D )
Which werent to bad a '97 bike with 24,000miles on the clock.

Robb
Dandare2

Post by Dandare2 »

I'm down in Sarf London so can't really go up to Lancs, but Surrey is perfect.
If you can recommend a good Dyno around there I would be really grateful.
I've had a Scorpion can before, on a Yamaha Fazer and that ran ok, but on this bike it seems to destroy throttle response (a lot) and low end torque (a bit). Don't know if the top end's not a bit smoother though.
I thought I'd get these mods and see what happens, maybe even my fuel bill will come down. Since fitting the cans the 'Storms got even more thirsty, it might as well have a Land Rover V8!
WayneM

Post by WayneM »

Lets hope someone at Chrysler/Dodge doesnt see that post otherwise it might just happen!
steve

Post by steve »

right then, if you're south london you shouldn't be too far from me!
My recomendations are, PDQ in taplow, bigcc racing in wokingham, and dynotech in basingstoke. Got others as well, but i'd try these first. PDQ are the uk suppliers of k+n's and dynojet kits, so it makes sense to try them first, but, there nearly always busy, depends how long you want to wait or if you want it done sooner i'd try dynotech. If you go to bigcc youre guarrented to come out a lot lighter than you went in!
PDQ are at: http://www.pdq1.co.uk
bigcc are at http://www.bigccracing.com
and dynotech can be reached on 01256881711.
hope this helps

steve
steve
delmeekc

Post by delmeekc »

Dan,

check ya pm

Del.