Honda dealers I'd recommend

Best deals in town
Iwantafirestorm

Honda dealers I'd recommend

Post by Iwantafirestorm »

Hi. I live in the Midlands and over the years I have sampled most dealers in a 30 mile radius of where I live. (Usually had Hondas as well as Suzukis) I regularly visit them to have a browse (don't mind a ride/drive on a saturday afternoon)

I can recommend the following official Honda dealers:

Sutton Motorcycles, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands. These are really good with good mechanics. Always give good service. (Can be busy so getting seen to can be tricky) Their website will demonstrate how good they are. (My current bike is from here - had it brand new)www.suttonmotorcycles.co.uk

Streetbike, Mucklow Hill, Halesowen. Again, these are good people, although I have no experience of their servicing, but judging by the rest of the place, I'd imagine there should be no problem at all. Every department is really good (yes they have "departments" + 3 floors) Phone their number and listen to the automatic voice-thingy and you'll see just how big they are. (Not quite as personal service as Sutton though) http://www.streetbike.co.uk

Wylie And Holland, Watling Street, Wellington, Telford. These are good. They are also the ONLY dealer that could stamp a new chassis number on a crappy old bike I bought a few years ago only to discover after I bought it that the chassis number didn't match the log book etc. (Had to have it done all officially with written paperwork etc from DVLA that the dealer stamped and then sent back to DVLA to prove it was done correctly etc (otherwise you could change the chassis number on a nicked bike this way) http://www.wylieandholland.com

Richard
Buzzwagon

Recommended Dealers

Post by Buzzwagon »

I've lived in the South East for the past 12 years and have used most of the bigger dealers around the Surrey / Sussex area.

I can thoroughly recommend:

Dobles in Coulsdon. Superb service, prices that don't make you laugh, (or cry!! :( ), people that know what they're talking about and who understand the concept of customer loyalty, great premises and excellent aftercare.

I don't recommend:

P and H Motorcycles in Crawley who actually tried to charge me £20 to test ride a 998, and that was even after I'd showed them that I had the money to buy and was looking to do a deal that day!

Infinity Motorcycles in Purley. Okay, but a bit silly on prices and very difficult to get a deal out of.

Jerry 8)
I have a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel!
droid

Post by droid »

Mine was 1st sold by Streetbike and bought by me from Sutton's Tamworth branch.
Should be OK there, then.
Iwantafirestorm

Post by Iwantafirestorm »

Hi Droid,

They know me personally in the Tamworth Branch! If you mention Richard with the GS500, they'll know exactly who I am.

I bet you go to Bassett's pole don't you?
droid

Post by droid »

Naah
Too many show-offs.
Hence too much police interest! I'd rather head off towards Cov - there are some superb roads between Tamworth and Coventry, and you never see the plod except on the A5

Tyres - go to Central Wheel and get your bike insulted for free!