Battery Choice?

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
almightytomo

Battery Choice?

Post by almightytomo »

Went out on the bike yesterday and stopped the engine at a level crossing. Big Mistake!!! :redface

I was the victim of the old rectifier/battery problem and had to get a jump start from the RAC (Who only took 20 mins to arrive!)

Anyway I've sorted myself a replacement rectifier with fins this time, but what would be the best battery to get? Any recommendations welcome. :D
Kev L

Re: Battery Choice?

Post by Kev L »

Unlucky fella, have the CCT's been sorted? You don't want the Gentleman's set of VTR F*ck up's mate.
:)
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Take your pick http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_trksi ... y&_sacat=0

But the best are lithium :thumbup:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

The Motobatt yellow ones, either in 12 Ah or uprated to 14Ah have four terminal posts, which makes it a doddle to fit accessories- a satnav or charger, for example.
They're gel mat which means they can't leak if they crack (which is very unlikely, though).
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
tattoo

Post by tattoo »

+1 on the 4 terminal yellow motobatts,i fitted one last year and it's never failed to start,even on a frosty morning..well worth the xtra money,