Browsers.

Please use this forum to ask our resident IT geeks advice.
boz

Browsers.

Post by boz »

I've been using Chrome for a while then bought a Samaung Galaxy 3. Ive had it connected to the PC a few times and suddenly I noticed changes on web pages. Whenever i bring up a page, a box in the shape of a mobile phone appears recommending stuff relating to my search. There is also a small X symbol appearing in the middle of all pages on the right side. If you don't click it, you can't access stuff like drop down menus. Sometimes it does not let you scroll down the page unless you click on it, but it doesn't do this to every web page (such as this one). Its really annoying.
Also, even though passwords to sites like this are normally saved and I tick the box to log me on every visit, this has stopped working. I've now got too manually type in my username and password every visit. This is happening on Explorer as well as I switched over because I thought only Chrome was effected.
I don't allow pop ups and have looked in the control panel to see if any new programs have appeared relating to my new phone whick might be causing this. No joy there.
Has anyone experienced the same and have a solution to get things back to normal before all this annoying sh1t took over. The only change I have made to my PC has been the interface with my phone (which I am also having difficulty understanding). The phone is bloody good though.
CBR900rr Fireblade
seb421

Re: Browsers.

Post by seb421 »

wombles love Google chrome on the pc me

Sent from the Bat Cave via Cup and String
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
INSURANCE - MCE - Expires 12/04/2015 (Midnight)
ACCIDENT CALL - 0871 2227910
RAC - 0800 1977830 - 03_MCECAB90013033
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

You need to find a way of saving all your Chrome user settings, ie, passwords, bookmarks etc on the old system (computer) and then transfer them across to the new one.

Now I am not a PC man and have never used Google Chrome so I can not direct you exactly on how to do it. So I'm going to sound very American now and say Google is you friend. :lol: No seriously though the Internet will be you best bet. Type in what your problem is and no doubt someone is/has been in the same boat and there will be a solution out there. I would start with Google Chromes help pages and find out how to back up save all your personnel user settings.

It can be frustrating cause this industry moves fast and things change constantly so it's a constant learning curve. Sometimes, if something works for you, then it's best not to update things and just stick to what you have. Otherwise you can be introducing a whole new set of problems to fix/work around or hack.

Either that or one of your youngsters will sort it out for you in two minutes. :lol: :thumbup:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
boz

Post by boz »

Thanks you two. Yep Chrome is bloody good, I stll use it on my phone. My son has said to use Firefox for some complex reason (fell asleep half way through him giving it too me) :lol:
Carl's right though. To get all them gremlins sorted I need an intelligent nerdy sad git who does nowt all day but get blisters on his fingertips from playing War Hammer, squeezing zits, speaking in Klingon and wondering what sex is. Something I'm unlikely to find on the VTR forum :wave: :wave: (hope that goes down well).
I tried the Google search route already and couldn't get to the bottom of stopping these pop ups. If I can't get someone to fix this, last resort is doing a system restore (according to Google) back to a date before this all happened. Will back up first of course. Thanks fellas :thumbup:
CBR900rr Fireblade
seb421

Post by seb421 »

try clicking on the spanner mate in the top right under the x in the browser window, go down to settings

click advanced at the bottom in the page that shows, check the privacy and passwords section

then on the left of the window page in light grey you will see history and extensions

click extensions and have a look at them, disable some that you don't need restart chrome see if its made a difference

personally i cannot say how it manages saved password data and autofill data as i have kaspersky password manager doing that for me but hope you get it sorted mate
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

My son has said to use Firefox
+1 one of the best and safest browsers on the market :thumbup:

Sounds like your son knows what he's talking about. :biggrin

==============================Enter the Darkside
seb421

Post by seb421 »

cybercarl wrote:
My son has said to use Firefox
+1 one of the best and safest browsers on the market :thumbup:

Sounds like your son knows what he's talking about. :biggrin

I use both firebox and chrome but chrome beats it hands down

Sent from the Bat Cave via Cup and String
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

If you search for "Polish" on Chrome it just shows you a picture of a man looking at you sardonically.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
lumpyv

Post by lumpyv »

tony.mon wrote:If you search for "Polish" on Chrome it just shows you a picture of a man looking at you sardonically.
what if you type in "Sardinian"
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

lumpyv wrote:
tony.mon wrote:If you search for "Polish" on Chrome it just shows you a picture of a man looking at you sardonically.
what if you type in "Sardinian"
Same thing but he's called Ian.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.